Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Do Yoy Believe In Ghosts or The Paranormal?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 30.26%
  • No

32 21.05%
  • Not in the usual sense

13 8.55%
  • There is a scientific explaination for everything!

8 5.26%
  • I'm open-minded on the subject

48 31.58%
  • No opinion

5 3.29%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In the paranormal and Did you ever experience supernatural Phenomena?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sHaRp12
    I do not believe in ghosts one bit. These personal occurences many of you seem to have are probably mind tricks or some other weird formation. I see ghosts as kind of silly subjects. And Im surprised that so many of you voted yes. In an enviroment filled with intelligent reasonable people I find that surprising. Ghosts are rubbish fictional characters made popular by main stream entertainment. Ugh! I just cant get over how some of you are so naive!

Science shall disprove, or prove all.
    Well, opposing views are always welcome. Without cynicism, most things in which people believe would have fallen apart long ago. The voice of the cynic, the one who dares to question, is what keeps those who believe on the path, because they feel they have something to prove now. That there are things that are far from easy to explain is my own viewpoint, and my vote is "not in the usual sense". Still I have seen and experienced things I cannot explain.

I live about a half-mile (straight line, not by road), from an historical tavern. It remains closed, despite efforts to reopen it several times. It has a haunted reputation; and the owners refuse to even say much about it. I'd love to go inside and check it out. It is centuries old. But, que sera, sera. People will believe what they believe, and you cannot shake them.

Science has some explanations and they are solid. But it's not that far to Brown Mountain, NC, famous for its Ghost Lights. I have yet to hear an explanation that will hold water. They don't know what causes the lights. Are they ghosts? I really don't think so. But what are they? That, we just don't know. They have appeared on that mountain as long as man can remember. Everyone's tried to explain them. Nobody has come up with a good reason for them. They're wild to see...
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

I don't know if I believe in "ghosts," but I do believe in strange circumstances that cannot be explained by science. I've had "unique experiences," and even though there are paranormal terms and theories to describe various phenomena, I don't know how to describe what happened. I don't know how to explain it. Do souls of dead people still roam the earth? Could be, but maybe not. Do tragic events leave a psychic imprint on the places they take place? Who knows. All I can say is that there are things that I can't understand and they don't seem to have any rational explanation. Maybe there isn't a rational explanation, or maybe I just haven't found one.

Ghosts exist as a matter of perspective, as a form of interpretating the world, in the way that Gods do. However, the fact that something is of a cultural or psychological origin does not mean it is less real. Hence, ghosts are real.

Blog Entries

Talking

Wow, you leave for a while and a thread really builds up which is all good. Lately I have run into people saying that someone whom has seen a ghost or Spirit which I perfer to call them is mentally ill. It is a touchy subject but for I know that Spirits do exist and that it is not a figment of my imagination. I also feel the energy that humans who are alive have and when they are deceased. I for one wonder how many people truly think outside the box we place ourselves in.

Words can either heal or harm I choose for my words to heal and do no harm.

alot of those pictures that are supposedly ghosts don't really convince me. I especially don't like the orbs and votex stuff. One person made a book about their paranormal experiences and put a few of the pictures they'd taken into it. They placed a sample of a room where dust had been disturbed and one that hadn't. The one that hadn't was suppose to hold the real orbs but to me the dust one looked just the same. People see a difference because they want to. And they had taken a picture of a votex in their book but anyone with enough sense would have seen that it was just part of a spiderweb really close to the lense. Strange things in pictures can be easily explained without turning to the paranormal. If it was an apparition that appeared in the photo (so long as it isn't tampered with) I'd probably believe that. Anything else I'm a skeptic to.

Blog Entries

Exclamation

For the record, I'm not thrilled by pictures of orbs or vortex shots as they are almost certainly either dust, water, snowflakes, in the case of orbs, and camera straps, fingers, and strings in the case of vortex shots. Few ghost pictures I have ever seen impressed me at all. And here is a point I wish to make: Why do people assume that it has to be dark for a ghost to manifest itself? If they are, as many claim, not aware that they are even dead, why would they be afraid of the daylight? If you go on the hypothesis that what you see is a glitch in the fabric of time, again daylight has no place where you must factor it in. I've seen things I could not explain in broad daylight, in well lit houses, and felt the weird feelings. So, why do you need to "go dark"?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Because it's far more mysterious .

I think I've come across a few pictures that were taken in daylight. I don't know if they were real or not, but you never know. Maybe it's just easier to see them when it's dark? Of course, this would suggest that they give off some sort of light.

As far as pictures go, I'm a big skeptic but they are fun to look at occasionally. One of my sisters had a strange experience once though, and so did my mom so I'm willing to believe them. My sis was lying in bed one night and she felt something brush her leg and then suddenly the light came on in her room. It's one of those lights that has a remote control so there wasn't any flipping of switches. Then my mom was at a hotel and she felt something small, like a child, get up on the bed and lay behind her like it was cuddling up. There was something freaky with the shower and tub in her room too. Shower would suddenly get cold, and the jets in the tub would suddenly go off on her. And cliche of all cliches in scary stories, she was on the 13th floor.

Blog Entries
    While I beleive in an after life and spirituality, God, and even angels, but I do not believe in paranormal. Sorry.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

how 'bout loved ones watching over us? I would think they'd occasionally want to see how we're doing or something like that.

Blog Entries
    I don't see ghosts. Is there something wrong with me?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppajoe_9 View Post
    I also like this one:

But I'm certain it's fake. As if actual ghosts go around with pillowcases on their heads. Is that supposed to be the ghost of a Klansman? Did he die in an explosion in a hotel laundry?

Funny stuff, Joe
    He looks familiar.

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PierreGringoire View Post
    You sound fairly normal to me, mon ami! I always think the things I have seen were some type of time wrinkle or something, not a dead person come back. There are sme weird places out there though, that I really have no desire to explore and see what's going on, more power to those who do!

Quote Originally Posted by cuppajoe_9 View Post
    I also like this one:

But I'm certain it's fake. As if actual ghosts go around with pillowcases on their heads. Is that supposed to be the ghost of a Klansman? Did he die in an explosion in a hotel laundry?
    That one has been floating around (hee-hee) out there for a long while. I've never been impressed. Even if you assume the white area to be a skull, why would the figure be so out of shape-- elongated? No, this one hits my list of fakes in a hurry. The Ghost Hunters (TAPS) based in Rhode Island, have a TV show, and I've seen some impressive footage. And they've caught some fakes, someone messed with their equipment once to fake a bed unmaking itself. They thought they had good footage, but a sharp-eyed member of the crew caught the pause in the action where the faker had stopped the camera.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

I'm Not Like You
    "I'm open minded on the subject. I've also had odd occurrences to totally discount ghosts or the paranormal - but then again there's always the very slim possibilty that it's all in my head.[/QUOTE]

have experienced and felt the same. Wonder how many ppl experience unusual occurrences and wonder if it's "all in their head"? What would it take to 'convince' one?
    Last edited by Kareniyna; 10-09-2006 at 03:06 PM.

on the other side tiny explorer's Avatar
    i always thought things like that are just the creation of our wild minds...but if you come to see one,you'll barely believe!like me...wheew,i never thought it was really true till i come to see one.no it wasn't just an imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreGringoire View Post
    i wish i dont see ghosts too!!! that's a bit normal and that will be better! at least i won't worry to see one in an unfortunate moment.
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

Blog Entries
    Lately I have seen a full apparition which is a bit unusual for me although it does not frighten me since I have always been sensitive to spirits all my life.

Words can either heal or harm I choose for my words to heal and do no harm.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast