Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Nice to be back....Saga of Hip Disease

Talking Nice to be back....Saga of Hip Disease

This unfortunate baby boomer had to have a total hip replacement 2004 December 28. The pain, disability, being pill pain killered out of my wits was not pretty.

I am feeling fine now but it was a hellacious year. I will save you from the salient details of hip replacement for osteoarthritis (which doesn't run in my family)...anyway I feel real good now (and without further ado), I am glad to be back and feeling like a human being again.

What $60,000 worth of insurance will do!!!!!

Last edited by PistisSophia; 09-10-2005 at 11:46 PM. Reason: double entry
    For the triumph of evil, all it takes is for a few good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke

Welcome back, PistisSophia, but I apologize to hear that you had to undergo surgery; any surgery, especially an orthopaedic procedure, can involve a lot of miserable pain that can lead to even worse results, like difficulty with exercise - very important for post-operative procedures, especially orthopaedic, to promote the growth of bone around the insertion site of the hip region.
    It sounds like since the time, however, you have healed well, and probably made a wise choice, rather than facing the neverending discomfort of osteoarthritis, which does not necessarily need to seem genetic, but can form out of the "wear-and-tear" of everyday exercise and strain (thank goodness for health insurance!).
    Very pleasant to see you back, and doing well, PistisSophia, and I look forward to seeing you around again.

Hi, I don't think I've had the pleasure of knowing you before (which seems strange as your joining date says June 2005... when I was definitely here...) Anyway glad to have a member back... and glad to hear that your health is good now and whatever all that operation was went ok...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Thanks, I only did it in order to have a semblance of a normal life, ie., to be ambulant and productive and not the "shut in" I had become.

The pain was unreal.....but enough of that; some of my favorite authors are, among others, Maugham, EB White, Flaubert, Baudelaire, Conrad Richter, Daphne DuMaurier. I also enjoy non-fiction, political, medical, historical, philosophical, musical esp. The Doors.

I have Mike Jahn's 1967 book, Jim Morrison & The Doors, the first book about said group, that I bought long ago and far away, while in my teenybopper days.

Sir Edmund Burke

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Glad that you're better (and hopefully 100% ok now). As said by Koa, I also kinda missed you in June and so on...but it doesn't matter cause I think you're healty enough to rock this place now...

and rock it, I shall......for "my ballroom days ain't over, baby"

Sir Edmund Burke