Thread: help me please. i'm writing a paper about the count of monte cristo

help me please. i'm writing a paper about the count of monte cristo

help me please. i'm writing a paper about the count of monte cristo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys. I'm writing a paper about the count of monte cristo. would you give me your opinion bout that novel? or the movies?
    such as, how the story affected and change your life, and so on. Just reply this thread. Thanks before for your help. I'll apreciate that.
    contact me at [email protected]
    or
    [email protected]

Is that the sort of question you have to answer in your paper?
    Perhaps I should ask you first whether you have read the novel. I find it interesting and entertaining but not mind changing. I don't think it's the type of book that would affect anyone's life and have never heard anyone saying it has produced that effect.

Thumbs down i hate this book

I have trouble reading this book because it is so boring i fall asleep i try to read it.

Hate? Boring? Counte of Monte Cristo? I found it to be a great read. I couldn't put it down and have read it a number of times. As for the movies forgot them. I have yet to see one that could capture the book. It is the quote at the end of the book about wait and hope that hits home to me. That is the quote that I try to keep in my mind as I deal with life.

Yes, if you haven't read the book, then well yeah.... it's a mature story and a great one. I could say that it's changed me, and i believe it has, and when i read it again, it will again.

It is a great treatise on revenge. But one of the most interesting aspects of the book is its sense of place. Perhaps other readers can back me up here--The section set in Marseilles has the feel of that place. The whole Vampa section feels very different and well, Italian. It's like the narrative voice changes with place. I come away feeling that it was important for Dumas to travel to these various places and write with that cultural personality.

This same characteristic is all through the Dartagnan Romance. The execution of Charles I feels British. The pastoral parts seem to have been written in pastoral places. Blois feels like Blois. Paris is very different.

The Corsican Brothers feels very Italian.

There is a particular sense of time as well--The Mazarin section of the Dartagnan Romance feels very different than the Richelieu section

How could you make a movie of a book that's well over a thousand pages long? I'm sure some parts get lost....