View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 58.62%
  • No

9 31.03%
  • Undecided

3 10.34%
  • Haven't thought about it

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There Life After Death?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is There Life After Death?

I thought I would like to get my fellow posters thoughts on this topic. As a Christian, of course I believe in life after death. But many of you have stated that you are Atheists. So I was really wondering, as "The Great Questioner" what does the Atheist belive happens upon the ending of life. And anyone else who has other views than my own. To question and receive feedback is to grow. Please try to be civil as I will treat everyone with dignity, and badmouth no one. Those who known me by now know that I will keep that promise.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    I chose "Yes" in the poll, meaning I believe in life after death. But, to be honest, I am a bit unsure whether there really is going to be something after my death or not. Still, I hope that there will be something ... anything.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Ive voted yes but actuually I mean define life. I do not belive in life as we know it there is definetly somthing in my mind but maybe purguary/limbo/heaven and hel;l are not life. Life can only be defined by death so if their will be immortality after death then surly it is not life. Does that make sense?
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Emil Cioran
    i don't really believe there's a a meaning of life...i really can't figure it out...therefore i don't see why there should be another kind of existence after death...

-whether we are rich or poor,happy or miserable we are all addicted to life...we love life even if we don't know where we are coming from,why are we alive,where will we go after death...this is the reson why we like to think that life never ends...poor and frustrated people hope for a better life,rich and happy people hope they will never lose what they have.
    so, imagining/hopping a life after death is the result of the man's addictedness to life.
    -my reason tells me that there's no life after death but my addictedness to life tells me that is just impossible that after death i just won't exist anymore...

anyway, i voted "no" but,u know, i'll just let that "lifeafterdeath" surprise me

i can't really imagine anything after death... just... nothing. you're dead, your body lies there until there's nothing left of it, and that's it.
    yeah, welcome to the world of optimism...

i mean if i really try to imagine 'life after death' i just get that tv-like image of people living on the clouds and looking down on what happens on earth... which is like... unrealistic...

then as sir said, let's see if we have a surprise...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

I like to figure life after death is a lot like life before you were born-- i.e. non existent. Try to remember a time before you became a zygote and tell me what the world is like then, and once you do that you shall know what the end of life has in store for you.

For those that think there's something before you were born that they remember, I'm trying to point out that there's nothing there, so that there's no confusion here. heh
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

I voted 'undecided.' The thought, to me, seems to entirely transpass and transcend humankind's collective mortal thought, so I remain skeptic.

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    I vote yes. I believe that there is life after death and that what gives sense to my existance.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

one question.
    Does one lives to die? (as a christian)
    or Does one lives to live?

Lives to die- Yes there is an afer life.

Lives to Live- No, don't even think about it
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond
    one question.

Well, Edmond, I'm trying not to influence anyone's vote here. My stated purpose for the poll was to get other's points of view. I feel that if I answer your question, then somehow I will influence your vote. Your opinion should always be your own. Choice is man's greatest gift.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    My physical existance will end with my death and to think that nothingness awaits me after that is a cold lonely thought. I do believe my spirit shall go on living without the physical body and that is a warm comfort thought for me. Although it would be nice if I could come back into another physical body and live a totally different life then the one I am living now. Not because I am unhappy with my life but just to experience a different point of view. The thought of seeing my family members again also is a comfort but I won't know for sure until that day happens to me.

Words can either heal or harm I choose for my words to heal and do no harm.

on the other side tiny explorer's Avatar

Smile

I votred for yes and it's absolutely real.......I believe there is EVERLASTING LIFE after physical death if we have accepted Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour....."I am the way the truth and the light no one cometh unto the father but by me...." that's heaven......And I believe in Eternal death also....if we don't accept Christ as our Saviour....I'm sure everyone has heard the gospel or has read the BIBLE ....
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

Fresh, Fair and Innocent Adelheid's Avatar
    There is a great difference here... it all links back to whether you choose to believe the Bible as the Word of God, and the Truth. If one believes in Evolution, then for them according to their theory, it's difficult even to the point of impossibility for them to believe in life after death no matter how hard they want to.

Whereas, if one believes that the Bible is true, then Life after Death becomes a settled matter to them. There is obviously either Heaven or Hell. As I said before, good works cannot save you. Only Jesus. Then, if you chose not to trust Him, then Hell remains for you. your sins condemn you there.

Then to me, between taking the big risk of finding out after death that there IS Heaven and Hell, and you're not prepared ..... I would prepare myself beforehand. If on the other hand, you have accepted the gift of God, yet found if there is nothing after all, you still have nothing to lose, but much to gain. You will have lost much indeed if you chose to disbelieve on earth (because of one's obstinancy), and find out that you were wrong, and it's too late to change.... I grieve for you. It is terrible in Hell....

It's still the better choice to choose Jesus now, while you can. That's all I'm saying.
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:9-11

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think, based on the teachings (i.e Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Budhism), believers believe that death is just an intermezzo, and the final end is eternal life (or... punishment). Believers are taught to give more attention to what happen next after death instead of what happen now (pre-death).

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond
    one question.

"Live so that thou mayest desire to live again-that is thy duty-for in any case thou wilt live again!" Freidrich Nietzsche

"It is no more surprising to be born twice than once;everything in nature is Resurrection." Voltaire

"God generates beings,and sends them back over and over again,till they return to Him." Koran

"All pure and holy spirits live on in heavenly places,and in course of time they are again sent down to inhabit righteous bodies." Flavius Josephus

"But I tell you,Elijah has already come,and they did not recognize him,but have done to him everything they wished.In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.Then the disciples understood that He was talking to them about John the Baptist."Jesus Matthew 17:12,13

"Souls are poured from one into another of different kinds of bodies of the world." Jesus Christ in Gnostic Gospels:Pistis Sophia

"The virtues we acquire,which develop slowly within us,are the visible links that bind each one of existences to the others-existences which the spirit alone remembers,for Matter has no memory for spiritual things." Honore Balzac

Had I never been aware of the teachings of the Masters it wouldn't have mattered for I was made aware of my spirit.Okmit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast