View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 58.62%
  • No

9 31.03%
  • Undecided

3 10.34%
  • Haven't thought about it

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There Life After Death?

I voted "Yes"; I think reincarnation or something of that kind is quite possible...though this doesn't mean I strictly "believe" in reincarnation, I consider it as a plausible thought.
    Through the deep wood, the slanting sunlight
    Casts motley patterns on the jade-green mosses.
    No glimpse of man in this lonely mountain,
    Yet faint voices drift on the air.

~ Wang Wei

Quote Originally Posted by Adelheid
    There is a great difference here... it all links back to whether you choose to believe the Bible as the Word of God, and the Truth. If one believes in Evolution, then for them according to their theory, it's difficult even to the point of impossibility for them to believe in life after death no matter how hard they want to.
    There are plenty of Christians, and theists, who believe in evolution and God. If you'd been over to the evolution v creation thread, which I know you have, you'd know that. I guess you're just not willing to accept that the two can live together in harmony?

Whereas, if one believes that the Bible is true, then Life after Death becomes a settled matter to them. There is obviously either Heaven or Hell. As I said before, good works cannot save you. Only Jesus. Then, if you chose not to trust Him, then Hell remains for you. your sins condemn you there.
    A good friend of mine once said: "I live my life to learn, when I die, if there is nothing after, I will not care. If there IS something, death will be opening a whole new opportunity for learning. Where is the downside?" Heaven and Hell are but new places to understand the world, and we can't be sure if either awaits us no matter our devotion, because there's always a chance one of those other gods was right and you'll be in Hell right next to me. Or I'll be Heaven alongside you and a God that never really made a Hell. There are so many possibilities to the afterlife in a theistic sense that realistically there's no reason to fear any outcome.

Then to me, between taking the big risk of finding out after death that there IS Heaven and Hell, and you're not prepared ..... I would prepare myself beforehand. If on the other hand, you have accepted the gift of God, yet found if there is nothing after all, you still have nothing to lose, but much to gain. You will have lost much indeed if you chose to disbelieve on earth (because of one's obstinancy), and find out that you were wrong, and it's too late to change.... I grieve for you. It is terrible in Hell....

It's still the better choice to choose Jesus now, while you can. That's all I'm saying.
    Once again, the concept of Pascal's Wager (look it up) applies. There's an equal chance of any afterlife being possible, not just yours, but I can see how you've obviously an agenda to push in hoping everyone believes the way you do, so one tends to have to excuse that.

In any case, you wondered what atheists think happens after death in the "atheists.." thread, and yet we gave fluid answers here you've yet to critically look at, so perhaps we could get some response on those? Seeing as this is a discussion and we've all gotten the basics of "what we think" out of the way.
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Adelheid
    Then to me, between taking the big risk of finding out after death that there IS Heaven and Hell, and you're not prepared ..... I would prepare myself beforehand. If on the other hand, you have accepted the gift of God, yet found if there is nothing after all, you still have nothing to lose, but much to gain. You will have lost much indeed if you chose to disbelieve on earth (because of one's obstinancy), and find out that you were wrong, and it's too late to change.... I grieve for you. It is terrible in Hell....

It's still the better choice to choose Jesus now, while you can. That's all I'm saying.
    Ever stop to think that life here on Earth is the true Hell? (pardon my language.) No matter how much we prepare ourselves we can never truly be prepared for what is waiting for us around the corner. Some people think that knowing what is going to happen before it happens can better prepare you when it comes. Wrong, it did not for me and I shall explain further on that for you. I knew two days before my sister ended up in a emergency room she had white blood cell clots and would lose her leg from it. I have no medical training and should never have known that and 14 years later my sister has been without her right leg. You could not prove to me I was right before that whole ordeal began. Bottom line we shall see when we all experience death and find out just how right or wrong we are. Until then I shall enjoy every breath of life I have and to learn about others ideals, beliefs, and all around who they are. Learning is growing and growing allows me to move forward and dare to explore this huge world we live in.

Words can either heal or harm I choose for my words to heal and do no harm.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancestor

Ever stop to think that life here on Earth is the true Hell? (pardon my language.)

"Hell is other people." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980)
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I voted "Yes"; I think reincarnation or something of that kind is quite possible...though this doesn't mean I strictly "believe" in reincarnation, I consider it as a plausible thought.
    I totally agree with you Loki. I also believe in reincarnation, I think it can be possible.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaltrina
    I totally agree with you Loki. I also believe in reincarnation, I think it can be possible.
    note: emphasize added

I think believe and possible don't really match there...

Believe from Merriam Webster :

intransitive senses
    1 to have a firm religious faith
    2 to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something
    3 : to hold an opinion : THINK <I believe so>
    transitive senses
    1 to consider to be true or honest
    2 to hold as an opinion

possible from Merriam Webster

1 being within the limits of ability, capacity, or realization; being what may be done or may occur according to nature, custom, or manners
    2 being something that may or may not occur; being something that may or may not be true or actual <possible explanation>
    3 having an indicated potential

on the other side tiny explorer's Avatar
    I think none can find the answer whether there is life after death because we all refer to dif. sources....but I make my stand on bible as a good source...scholars tried looking for falsity in it but there is no ambiguity found and it is really true bec. it's history.....Thus,the doctrine written in the bible is true.Therefore, there really is life after death....Life in heaven if u have accepted Christ as ur savior and hell for those who do not beklieve...."for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"If one doesn't have faith in God's word so as one doesn't have faith in Him...and thats the poorest thing to know.
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    I think believe and possible don't really match there...
    ok I know that it sounds as if I am confused and talking just to say something. but I do believe that reincarnation is, possible, I'm not a firm believer in reincarnation but sometimes when I think I find it possible. I'm a muslim, and our religion doesn't believe in reincarnation, and when I think from religious views that it seems impossible but when i think rationally then reincarnation is the only way. now you may call me a confused person but that is only the struggle between religion, my heart, and my mind, the reason.

I think open minded ("receptive to arguments or ideas") sums it up, not sure why there should be a problem with believing in a possibility. In my opinion what Kaltrina said is that she believes reincarnation is possible.

I'm open minded about reincarnation as well. It might be possible but one won't find out until one's, well, dead and about to move bodies.
    I have a plan: attack!

thank you Jay. happy that you agree with me and understand what I'm saying.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No need to think that I was trying to challenge you there, it was merely an effort to build a discussion.

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    I have voted yes to afterlife. But only if you consider that none of us is leaving the planet (unless you get a ride in a rocket) and so will be endlessly recycled within the earth system/ecology. Probably not what most of you envisioned for a 'new life/afterlife', but the scientist and spiritual being that I am dictates thusly. So, Cheers my friends!!!! We are all going to be together until the earth eventually explodes!!!

I think open minded ("receptive to arguments or ideas") sums it up, not sure why there should be a problem with believing in a possibility. In my opinion what Kaltrina said is that she believes reincarnation is possible.
    That's exactly my stance. Well done, everyone! We've managed to get mixed up and then un-mixed-up again!
    Through the deep wood, the slanting sunlight
    Casts motley patterns on the jade-green mosses.
    No glimpse of man in this lonely mountain,
    Yet faint voices drift on the air.

~ Wang Wei

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon
    I thought I would like to get my fellow posters thoughts on this topic. As a Christian, of course I believe in life after death. But many of you have stated that you are Atheists. So I was really wondering, as "The Great Questioner" what does the Atheist belive happens upon the ending of life. And anyone else who has other views than my own. To question and receive feedback is to grow. Please try to be civil as I will treat everyone with dignity, and badmouth no one. Those who known me by now know that I will keep that promise.
    With all my heart I believe in life after death.
    I believe what the Scriptures says that God has put time indefinite into the heart of everyman.'
    I have known many who scoff and laugh at the notion until something happens in their life, not even necessarily a tragedy and in the blink of an eye they believe.
    "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life, whoever believes in me though he die, yet shall he live." Christ Jesus the Lord

do you belive in reincarnation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast