Thread: Hello all.

Chris

Hello all.

Hello to everyone. I found this forum in my attempt at finding those wishing to discuss books. I read fervently as a child, but lost interest in high school (as I'm sure so many of us do). I'm 24-years-old, married and dropped out out of college. I am pursuing a job as a police officer. As I said, I did go to college (and only recently stopped), but became so utterly bored by all the politics and lack of actual teaching that I stopped attending. Once I become a police officer however, I fully intend to return. I will finish my degree in journalism and perhaps go on to get a master's in literature. Good to meet you all and I look forward to talking through my renewed interest in classic literature.

Welcome! I understand that the pleasure of reading can sometimes be taken away by the dryness of some (most?) classes... anyway I'm sure that you'll enjoy the forum and maybe find even more new interests to pursue with freedom instead of the constrictions of a class.
    Anyway...keep posting, see ya around!
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

What diversity of interests you show, Sirius_Kai - definitely never a bad thing, myself being an odd combination of a bookworm and science geek. It sounds like you have quite a future ahead of you.
    Welcome to the forum, anyway, and I look forward to seeing you.

Chris
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure that I will enjoy my time here. (Oh and bythe way Mono, I also am a Star Wars geek...so add that to the variety!...LOL)