Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful thing said to you

Blog Entries

The most beautiful thing said to you

I have often wondered what is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me. I heard it tonight. I was on the bus on my way home from work, and a girl that works at the old folk home too, was there. I sat next to her and we started talking. I told her how I plan to go to London in the fall to see museums, galleries, gravestones and homes of some of the authors I admire. I showed her the tattoo I got last week and how it symbolizes Shakespeare.

she said: I wish I was like you are.

For a few moments I felt good, she wanted to be like ME. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enimy... I wanted to write this down before it became to simple to think about.

Now I am curious, what is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to you guys?.....
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

"I love you" and "I wish I was as pretty as you."

When I was 16 and I was on one of those horrible church-groups trips that helped so much in destroying my interest on people, one of the older guys (the ones who were responsible for us youngsters) told me I'm strange. We were iceskating and we skated together and he just told me that I was strange (not meaning anything mean) and unlike the others. And I was like wow...so I really am like that! I barely knew him and he had a gf so I couldnt even vaguely think he could have any sort of interest on me (well even if he didnt have a gf...), it was just a funny talk.

Since then, the word 'strange' is the compliment I prefer, since I can't be called beautiful and praises to any of my intellectual abilities never sound fully honest, they seem to be made just to please me.

Btw, I used to have a full list of 'worst things that can be said to a person', maybe we should start a thread...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Someone once recited this to me:

I'll want you till the seasons lose their mystery
    I'll need you till the birds forget to fly
    I'll love you more than anyone in history
    Wherever there's a wherefore you're the why

It's a few lines from a song by Ian Dury. That, in the end, this ended up not being so true doesn't negate the feeling I had at the time those words were spoken. It was a lovely thing to say to someone.
    The revolution is just a T-shirt away -- Billy Bragg

"You have really beautiful eyes"
    Books are the carriers of civillisation- Henri "Papillon" Charriere

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    I dont recall anyone ever saying anything "beautiful" to me. I dont think people say beautiful things to guys normally, and anyone who knows me fully understands my desire not to be complimented.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Memories of Nuremburg... Miss Darcy's Avatar
    A pale blue dot suspended in a sunbeam...
    The last time someone said something really beautiful to me was probably last Friday when our conductor (of the SBS Youth Orchestra) asked me if I was interested in going on the European Tour later this year. I had only been with the orchestra two weeks; it was like a dream come true. We're going to Prague, Karlsbad, Bratislava, Budapest, and Vienna. Five concerts in two weeks, visiting conservatoriums and opera houses...it's going to be great! I feel honoured to be asked, only about half of us are going.

After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
    -Aldous Huxley

Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    -W. A. Mozart

Non scholae, sed vitae discimus.
    Not school, but life teaches us.

U2aholic
    I can think of many beautiful stuff but the ones that are the most special are:

"I'm happy I met you"
    "Like a needle needs a vein I need your love" (a part of a U2 song)
    In dreams begin responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Darcy
    The last time someone said something really beautiful to me was probably last Friday when our conductor (of the SBS Youth Orchestra) asked me if I was interested in going on the European Tour later this year. I had only been with the orchestra two weeks; it was like a dream come true. We're going to Prague, Karlsbad, Bratislava, Budapest, and Vienna. Five concerts in two weeks, visiting conservatoriums and opera houses...it's going to be great! I feel honoured to be asked, only about half of us are going.
    Wow, Miss Darcy! What a great trip! It really is "dream come true" stuff. When you get to Budapest give my regards -- I'll get there one day!
    The revolution is just a T-shirt away -- Billy Bragg

Congratulations, Miss Darcy - very impressive!
    Since this thread began, I started thinking of all of the beautiful and not-so-beautiful things people have said to me, and I would have to restrict it to, not what someone said, but what she wrote. I would love to share the poem, though brief, absolutely saturated with sublimity, but I would have to ask Psyche if she thought it acceptable to share her work.

Strangely enough.. during one of our fights over breaking up my (now) ex-boyfriend said something wonderful to me. Despite the fact that he is in love with someone else now.. he reacted very vehemently when I suggested that maybe it would have been better if we had never met: "I would never have wanted to miss the 10 years I spent with you. You are special and I will always cherish the memory."

And my sister once said when I came home crying..thinking no-one liked me "Bianca, you are like a good wine. Not everyone can appreciate you, but that does not mean you have to change."

Gheghe.. but like some of the others here I could probably think off a whole lot of comments "worst things people have ever said to you".

Congrats, Miss Darcy!! You must have made quite an impression in so short a time!
    And Kilted Exile, I think you are right - beautiful things are probably said most often to women... Lucky us ;-)

Cool that you are going to Londen, Helga! Could you describe the tattoo for me? Because I have no idea what to think about if you have a tattoo symbolizing Shakespeare. Sounds great.
    Our lives are better left to chance.
    I could have missed the pain,
    but then I'd have had to miss the dance

Garth Brooks

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Orignally The only thing I could think of is when Momo said in the person above me thread that I made him smile. That made me really happy so I guess that counts right?

But then I remembered Last day of school I gave a little speechy thing problem is I am terrifed of crowds and there was 300 odd students not to metion teachers and othe staff crowded in the hall. But I got up and said my part and everyone laughed in all the right spots and the wrong bits too and later I took my year book to the Do we were havingg and along with drunken ramblings I have in it this is some of the things that was written that I think are some of the lovliest things people have ever said to me

"you go girl"
    "Your speach was ace"
    "Im well proud of you"
    " I dont really know you and have never spoken to you but I always see you and you always seem to be enjoying your life and carrying around tons of books and I hope you will always continue to enjoy your life!"
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    I'm glad so many of you are taking part in this thread. I could write a book about bad things said to me but I prefer to remember the good ones.

before this girl said this to me the most beautiful thing I had been told was when I was talking to a friend of mine. I met him at the local cafe and he started talking to me because I smoke a pipe. later I was babbling about boys never liking me and something like that and he said 'hey I started talking to you' and I said 'that was because of the pipe' he said 'maybe that was just a way to open up a converstation'. these few words made me so happy because it made me think that the reason why some (few) boys talk to me dosen't have to be because they think I'm weird.

and by the way, I'm very happy for you miss darcy!!!!

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    And Bianca about the tattoo, I'm gonna take a picture of trolley with me were you can see my tattoo.

but it is a speare with lines around it like it has been thrown and is moving or shaking....shake-speare...

wow miss darcy your trip sounds like its going to be great. I would love to travel. i really cant think of anything that was truly beautiful well expect when my daughter said "mommy you pretty"
    Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you have never met.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast