Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 206 of 354 FirstFirst ... 106156196201202203204205206207208209210211216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5300

Thread: Lit Network Photoalbum.

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    I like your photo tjy! Accidentally artistic XD
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lote-Tree View Post
    How terrible of me :-(

I sentence myself to one hundred lashes!

And you can administer it yourself!

There that will teach me!
    One hundred lashes...... Only.... that's a serious offence...you know I was thinking of capital punishment.....

Okay, just because it's the first time you committed such a crime.....I am letting you go.... Dont repeat it....

Jaiye, baksh diya

Quote Originally Posted by mazHur View Post
    Madhuri,,,,no doubt you have sharbati eyes, how about the veiled nose and lips,,,,,,those must also be really praiseworthy !

Nazuki uss kay lub kee kia kah-yay
    pankhari ik gulaab kee see hay ! (Ghalib)
    Thanks

It's good that people dont see the rest of my face.....there are chances they may faint of shock
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    Check it out! Me in my track uniform.

You need to clean up that room, young man!
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalot View Post
    You need to clean up that room, young man!
    What you see there is the cleanest part of my room!
    com-pas-sion (n.) [ME. & OFr. <LL. (Ec.) compassio, sympathy < compassus, pp. of compati, to feel pity < L. com-, together + pali, to suffer] sorrow for the sufferings or trouble of another or others, accompanied by an urge to help; deep sympathy; pity

Dostoevsky Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquarian View Post
    LOL Where do you find room to sleep, Dori?
    On my bed. It's laying on the floor, by the way.

com-pas-sion (n.) [ME. & OFr. <LL. (Ec.) compassio, sympathy < compassus, pp. of compati, to feel pity < L. com-, together + pali, to suffer] sorrow for the sufferings or trouble of another or others, accompanied by an urge to help; deep sympathy; pity

Dostoevsky Forum!

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    You don't have many guests in your room, d'ya?

~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Wow... I have a sudden overwhelming urge to tidy your room. Pin me down goddamnit!
    "Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer's day"
    Oscar Wilde [The Picture of Dorian Gray]

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    You don't have many guests in your room, d'ya?

Well, not really. And if I do, I usually scold them for moving things around. There is a particular method to my madness which I have yet to figure out. Let's just say I have made a habit of taking a book from a shelf, reading the back or using it for reference, and then setting it on the floor or even on the other side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyW View Post
    Wow... I have a sudden overwhelming urge to tidy your room. Pin me down goddamnit!
    NO! Then I wouldn't know where to find things.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquarian View Post
    Oh, my goodness, Dori! LOL Well, it does have a nice, homey, lived-in look and feel. And it's nice there are so many books around.

My husband and I are currently sleeping on a futon (a hard one, too) in the dining room because the upper level is being refurbished. Well, it's not even our house! We still have to find a place. It's my relative's and he's refurbishing it. So, we're sort of in the same situation, but we do pick up our clothes. LOL
    I can't stand walking into someones bedroom and it be completely "spot-less." My first thoughts are, "don't you ever do anything in here?" Also, concerning my book collection, I have amassed about 250 books on those shelves.

I can't say that I know what sleeping on a hard futon feel like, but how about a stiff twin-sized bed with a spring sticking through it (a sharp one at that)? That's why I have a thick blanket on it. I wouldn't want to wake up stuck to my bed!

Dostoevsky Forum!

Blog Entries
    Dori, one of these days you may get a girl to come into your room and one look at that and she's going to run away as fast as she can. So you see it's important to keep it at least managable.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Dori, one of these days you may get a girl to come into your room and one look at that and she's going to run away as fast as she can. So you see it's important to keep it at least managable.
    This is managable...for me. But I understand what you're getting at.

Dostoevsky Forum!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djy78usa View Post
    Here is one of my Dad (retired Coast Guard) and me after I graduated from Airborne School (slightly edited for privacy reasons):

And, as a bonus, one of me jumping out of a C-130...well, to be honest, it might be me. It's kind of hard to tell from a picture that was taken 1250' below

Awesome pics. I went to basic in Fort Benning. Maybe you met some of my ex girlfriends. Just kidding, I was way too busy back then for ladies. Thanks for serving your nation Dj. B
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    Thanks, B. Ft. Benning was a blast, I wouldn't mind be stationed there somewhere down the line. BTW, where were you stationed when you were in Germany?

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    One hundred lashes...... Only.... that's a serious offence...you know I was thinking of capital punishment.....
    Ha ha

Then I sentence myself to beheading with a blunt sword ;-)

There that will teach me!

Okay, just because it's the first time you committed such a crime.....I am letting you go.... Dont repeat it....

Jaiye, baksh diya

Thank thank thank you but I am not worthy
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djy78usa View Post
    Thanks, B. Ft. Benning was a blast, I wouldn't mind be stationed there somewhere down the line. BTW, where were you stationed when you were in Germany?
    I was in Garlstedt, West Germany at the time. We were in the British sector, between Bremerhaven and Bremen. Actually the base was called Clay Kaserne.
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Virgil; seems to me people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    I know a certain someone who's den is pretty close to what Dori's bedroom looks like. Care to take a hint as to who it is ?
    What Are You Crazy!!!