Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 147 of 354 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 5300

Thread: Lit Network Photoalbum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reccura View Post

On the first picture, that's me and my pet pigeon, Hedwig.
    So cute! You look so young, but I suppose you are. Especially compared to me. Very nice pics, Recurra.

Quote Originally Posted by Countess View Post
    That picture is hysterical. You should be a comedian.
    Heh heh, thanks. I found it by doing an image search for 'ugly chick" or something like that. I forget the exact phrase, but there were some rather interesting results!

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Kathy you are sooooo pretty. Why did you not show us a picture of yourself for so long?
    Why, thank you! I didn't want to make all the other ladies here feel bad about their looks, so I did hesitate. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

weer mijn koekjestrommel Schokokeks's Avatar
    Kathy, really ! You're such a kid !

Reccura, you are very cute ! Bet you have lots of trouble keeping all the boys away .
    "Where mind meets matter, both should woo!"
    Currently reading:
    * Paradise Lost by John Milton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schokokeks View Post
    Kathy, really ! You're such a kid !
    I know.... I have a very silly sense of humor.

I think we have so many engaging and attractive members here. It is interesting to match a face with all the posts.
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

Reccura, you are very cute ! Bet you have lots of trouble keeping all the boys away
    Yeah.. especially when they whistle on you and woot-woot you!!! Aaaarrrgghhh!!!! Come on, I'm so young!

Quote Originally Posted by kathycf View Post
    So cute! You look so young, but I suppose you are. Especially compared to me. Very nice pics, Recurra.
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think that I'm the youngest member here...

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Reccura you are as pretty as your sisters. Three such lovely girls in one family.
    Wow, thanks, Uncle Virgil... That was touching... Grazie!!!

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

I was bored on day, so I edited a picture of my eyes. I guess this is what my eyes would look like if I was a scary alien/vampire lady. (and no, I am actually NOT one, just in case anybody was thinking I was! )

You? The Dead Undying, She-Who-Is-Not-To-Be-Named?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

weer mijn koekjestrommel Schokokeks's Avatar
    I know.... I have a very silly sense of humor.
    I like your sense of humour, very much refreshing .

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy
    I think we have so many engaging and attractive members here. It is interesting to match a face with all the posts.
    Plus, in your case at least, so we can actually match a voice with the post. Might give the imaginary powers of some an extra kick, who knows .

Quote Originally Posted by Reccura
    Come on, I'm so young!
    Yes, but that will change one day, and they know that !
    Judging from your posts, I didn't imagine you to be very young. I am now convinced that your parents must have fed you and your sisters with maturity when you were kids .
    "Where mind meets matter, both should woo!"
    Currently reading:
    * Paradise Lost by John Milton

It is interesting to match a face with all the posts.

That's the part that I really like. It makes the members here that much more real, it humanizes this largely impersonal medium. I very rarely ever feel the need to comment on people's pictures because I think whether or not someone is pretty is not really the point. I always think all the gushing and effusive compliments might make those that are less confident of their appearance less likely to post a picture, worried they may not get those comments. And just from a more personal standpoint, compliments make me really uncomfortable, I don't post pictures because I want everyone to tell me how pretty I am because I seriously, do not handle compliments well so that tends to effect how I react to other people as well, since I don't do compliments well, I don't give them very often either.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Countess, I found your picture. You are absolutely beautiful!!!! And Reccura,
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    Pen, yep, those are really my eyes...although mine are not naturally an alien silvery color. More of a darkish greenish/hazel color.

Cookie, thank you dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Idril View Post
    That's the part that I really like. It makes the members here that much more real, it humanizes this largely impersonal medium. I very rarely ever feel the need to comment on people's pictures because I think whether or not someone is pretty is not really the point.
    Well, I think you are correct. I don't know if people are really gushing, because I think that they are being sincere in their compliments. (not that you are implying otherwise, I don't mean that). To be perfectly honest, I enjoy looking at people's faces (male and female) because I, well I guess I enjoy the artistic aspect of it. I suppose I am not phrasing that correctly, but what I mean is I think that there is something eyecatching to me in the contours of a face, and I especially love to see people's eyes. They seem to me to be the most important part of a face and are almost always beautiful in some aspect or another.

But of course you are correct, that this isn't a beauty contest and whether or not a person is conventionally attractive or not isn't the point. To be honest, I am hesitant to post my pic because I am always a bit nervous about will somebody recognize me? I mean, my weirdo neighbor could be a member here (or visit the site as a guest) and he might see my picture and go "Hey! I know that kathycf person! "

I guess I am a little paranoid.
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

I don't know if people are really gushing, because I think that they are being sincere in their compliments. (not that you are implying otherwise, I don't mean that).
    I'm glad you said that because no, I'm not implying that they are insincere. I know that they are meant to be supportive, encouraging, reassuring and that they are genuine. They just make me uncomfortable in a way because I don't like it when things like that are directed at me so I tend to be overly sensitive to it in all forms.

To be honest, I am hesitant to post my pic because I am always a bit nervous about will somebody recognize me?
    Well, that's a really good point, the issue of privacy and anonymity is a personal thing. I don't have any worries about myself but I won't post pictures of my kids or any family members because it feels like an invasion of their privacy. I think I did post a picture of my boys on some sewing thread but it was an old picture and they were wearing Batman and Robin costumes so it seemed like their identities were protected.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

.................................................. .................................................. ....
    Last edited by EAP; 06-24-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    You are much younger than I would have thought, EAP.

(Which child are/were you? The little boy or little girl? Very cute, by the way.)
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

Blog Entries
    That was a teasing remark, by the way. *shrug*
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

Blog Entries
    I don't post my picture because I don't want someone to recognize me either. That's the only reason. Otherwise I'd be happy to share.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Beautiful photos downing! That dress is stunning.

Nice pic stan! Love the beret.

Sweet photo countess!

You are so lovely Reccura! Gorgeous cheek bones
    Your bird is also beautiful.

Very cute EAP!!

And Kathy…gorgeous beyond words
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice