Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 121 of 354 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 5300

Thread: Lit Network Photoalbum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Come now, Janine (lovely picture, BTW), if Virgil and I have become the Uncles here, then surely there is a need for a sweet Aunty? Aunty Janine, the tiny poet. Anyone else think that sounds good? BTW The pipe is just for show, it helps me think when I write!
    You look so cool with the pipe, Pen, and so sophisticated....
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Quote Originally Posted by dramasnot6 View Post
    I can definetly see you as a rebel Virgil! I actually think freedom of dress enhances the learning experience, it opens up your mind and lets the teachers fully concentrate on the curriculum and classroom behaviour. I too thought it might be a good idea upon arriving here, but after experiencing both i find i very much miss the freedom. In theory it's good, but in practice the entire school body has to put lots of time and energy, more so then deciding what to wear for the day, in maintaning and enforcing a proper uniform that it really isnt worth it. Takes away from the juicy stuff, the learning For me no degree of neatness is worth being exposed to less knowledge Of course, many of my peers disagree
    I wouldn't like wearing a yellow uniform as a matter of fact, especially in Summer. But thank goodness, school uniforms here are not yellow, or red... So I agree! Schools should have a proper uniform.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    No Pendragon - two Uncles is quite enough. I just want to be one of the girls, please. Even my daughter-in-law calls me Janine and not Mom. I prefer it. I feel young. You and Virg can be the uncles and guide the young ones. Let me be an equal and yes, a tiny poetress. Thanks for the compliment on my photo. Someone asked when Janie was going to post a photo. If they mean me, please be assured I did so - about page 115 now...a few back. We have been busy on this post these past weeks! Did Logos post a photo for real? I have not seen it but if so tell me what page.

If she pops in she can see this works like this - my Holiday card to all....

Happy Holidays everyone. Love and peace to all of you! ~ Janine
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    No Pendragon - two Uncles is quite enough. I just want to be one of the girls, please. Even my daughter-in-law calls me Janine and not Mom. I prefer it. I feel young. You and Virg can be the uncles and guide the young ones.
    I don't mind being called Uncle by the young, but I don't actually prefer it either by everyone else. I kid around that I'm old, but i don't want to be reminded.

Janine, Logos's photo is her avatar.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Janine, Logos's photo is her avatar.
    Yup, I think I'm one of the few around with a real pic of me as avatar although I know its kinda blurry

Janine that's lovely pen and ink(?) work, and Happy Holidays to you too! I just finished all my shopping today and relieved that that part of it is over with, I hate shopping, now time for the fun stuff.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Drama, I like your avatar and the photo in your profile page of the book with blue, is it petals, scattered on the pages. That is quite interesting. Did you take these photos or find them online? They are really moody and striking. I, also, like the one in your signature. All are great photography and nice composition, with a gentle sensitive mood to them. Very nice choices and they go well together.
    Aww thanks Janine! I dont take any of them but i collect photos and drawings of books off the web. I dont think there's anything more beautiful and photogenic then a book If you ever want a new pic of any kind I'd be happy to give you a nice one of a book I like your avatar too! When i first saw it and didnt know what it was, it was great fun trying to figure it out and making up all these stories behind it.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Yup, I think I'm one of the few around with a real pic of me as avatar although I know its kinda blurry

Janine that's lovely pen and ink(?) work, and Happy Holidays to you too! I just finished all my shopping today and relieved that that part of it is over with, I hate shopping, now time for the fun stuff.
    Logos, I thought at first that was your real photo, but back awhile ago you never said it was - when the thread was first started. I think you are very pretty and attractive even if you show up blurry in this photo. One can tell how you basically look. And you are so very nice, too. Thanks for all your help, and as you can see, I did manage to post the drawing actual card size, but I have to post it now once in a while (for this week) since I have to paste the address in each time. Really that is no big deal - I have it saved in a program for quick reference. I think it might be overwhelming to put it my post body too often, so it will be posted periodically.
    Thank you for your compliments. It is pen and ink and done with a fine point rapidiograph pen (technical pen). I have not done this for years, but I am hoping to get motivated to begin working again. I say this with shame, I have had serious "artist's block". This site stimulates my interest once more - so many creative people here. Sometimes one feels so isolated when creative minded. Not here!
    See you around the post.... J

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dramasnot6 View Post
    Aww thanks Janine! I dont take any of them but i collect photos and drawings of books off the web. I dont think there's anything more beautiful and photogenic then a book If you ever want a new pic of any kind I'd be happy to give you a nice one of a book I like your avatar too! When i first saw it and didnt know what it was, it was great fun trying to figure it out and making up all these stories behind it.
    Drama, well you have great taste in photos, girl! I right click all the time on net photos and have files and files myself. I am kind of addicted to copying now and saving everything. I have a lot of art files categorised by artists on disks. Thanks for the offer of a photo. I might take you up on it sometime. I probably should have put a nativity or another artist's work pertaining to Christmas in my avy for now, but I was too lazy to change it and too busy with holiday stuff to have the time.
    Well, true, the Dali painting was a bit of a mystery, but that made it more fun in a way. When someone posted it full-size, in his post, everyone went wild over it. It is something to see in person. So completely mesmerizing and impressive. Glad you like it. I always liked yours. I like photos of books, too. I love books, period! and old books are great. Your avy fits the forum perfectly! I have some old books tied with a ribbon just sitting out looking interesting in my room. They are tiny old volumes of Shakespeare plays; I found them in the "give-away" bin at my local library - what a find! I thought they are "precious little treasures". See, we think the same way, Drama.

Blog Entries
    No Pendragon - two Uncles is quite enough. I just want to be one of the girls, please. Even my daughter-in-law calls me Janine and not Mom. I prefer it. I feel young. You and Virg can be the uncles and guide the young ones. Let me be an equal and yes, a tiny poetress. Thanks for the compliment on my photo. Someone asked when Janie was going to post a photo. If they mean me, please be assured I did so - about page 115 now...a few back. We have been busy on this post these past weeks! Did Logos post a photo for real? I have not seen it but if so tell me what page.

If she pops in she can see this works like this - my Holiday card to all....

Happy Holidays everyone. Love and peace to all of you! ~ Janine
    Now that I see the detail, that is gorgeous Janine. Really beautiful.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Mr. Gordon Comstock Gordon Comstock's Avatar

Cool Art!!!

Janine, COOL ART!!! I couldn't make out the second dancer from the little picture, very meticulous. I enjoy line art I think more than four color.
    Mr. Cheeseman ordered the five hundred
    assorted titles, and Gordon started work on the twentieth of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Yup, I think I'm one of the few around with a real pic now time for the fun stuff.
    It's a pretty avy,Logo. You look so beautiful and intelligint. I've always loved your avy.

Blog Entries

Smile

~gathering courage~ ~gathering courage~
    Okies. This is me and my pretty mom and my pet, I mean, my brother, billy

[IMG][/IMG]
    Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions!
    the whole boatload of sensitive !

— Allen Ginsberg, Howl II.

Pen , Pen : a gentelman

Blog Entries
    Ok... Toni. I knew you were so pretty! Your mother is pretty, too and your little brother is handsome - tell him I said so. Lovely smile and eyes. How sweet a photo of your family. Good for you girl posting finally! I love this thread. We all get to really meet each other face to face. Nice photo - is that an elf in the background or two of them? Cute!

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    TONI!!!!!! My dear beautiful alien! Whadya know?You are as beautiful as your heart What a nice looking family you have there Toni and Lain! And your little brother is adorable

Face and Mind
    Soul and Heart
    When it comes to this Alien's beauty
    There is no one place to start
    Stunning smile, silk hair
    Eyes so pretty they are hard to bear
    Didnt think anything could reflect such a lovely soul
    Until we saw the beauty that reflects her as a whole
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice