Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 151 of 354 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5300

Thread: Lit Network Photoalbum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    Lily, your pictures are wonderful, and I am awed by your capabilities in sewing! Green is a good color for a lab coat!

I had to chuckle at Niamh's response to Turk's comment. Turk you have made an assumption statement, by the way, that could offend some people of Irish background, in a joking way or not....I thought Niamh handled it well.
    Well, just thought I'd say that...
    I'm used to the stereotyping of the Irish been whiskey drinkers. you just learn to laugh it off! But we do have an aweful lot of traditional irish drinking songs. Irish Eyes are smiling is NOT one of them though.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    I want to be cremated, too, because it costs so much money for the ones you left behind to have an expensive funeral. It's just pointless.

Me in the Regency dress I made: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...B-day014-1.jpg

Me in my lime green Dr. F labcoat that I dyed, etc. PLUS Johnny Longtorso!: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...yLongtorso.jpg

Dah! Don't hurt me, Silent! Nice photos.

And Niamh! Great photo! It's nice to see what you look like. I like your hair color. Sometimes (okay, MOST of the time) I long for black hair.
    how old are you? you look really young!(13-15maybe) don't worry, everyone on litnet is safe
    life philosophy: "if one wants to succeed, they must become independent, if one wants to be independent, one must strive past the dificulties, using them to shape future desicions, like a sword being folded, every fold is a hardship overcome, and every fold removes one more imperfection that would destroy the completed version"

# of 1st Dans, Black Belts achieved- 2 (1 Hapkido, Sun Moo Kwan), (1 Tae Kwon Do)

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    I sewed the dress, but I had a LOT of help. I would have totally ruined it had I not had help. It's really altered.

I didn't sew the lime green labcoat ala Dr. Forrester. I just bought one from the thrift store (which took FOREVER to find) and dyed it. Actually, I did sew on the piece of plastic to the breat pocket so I could slip in the paper Deep 13 logo which is almost completely hidden by my arm in that photo. But that's about it. ^^

how old are you? you look really young!(13-15maybe) don't worry, everyone on litnet is safe
    I get that a lot. I'm 15. My young looks are really annoying, though because everyone thinks I'm a little kid. Dah. It better pay off once I'm older.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

It better pay off once I'm older.
    It will, don't worry. Maybe not until you hit your 30's but it will happen.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Niamh and Lily,I liked both of ur pics u both look amazing.

Blog Entries
    Great pics Lilly.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    It will, don't worry. Maybe not until you hit your 30's but it will happen.
    I hope so! It can be really irritating sometimes!

Niamh and Lily,I liked both of ur pics u both look amazing.
    Great pics Lilly.

Thanks!

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woah! Silent, you look exactly like on of the kids on the movie Dead Poet's Society. Lilly, I know EXACTLY what you mean about your face making you look lots younger than you are. My sister is four years younger than me and people ask us when they see us together, "who's older?" Grr. i can't even claim more maturity in my face than hers.
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    ^ Dah. That stinks. Must get really annoying, huh? When I was ain this restaurant a few months ago with a friend, the waitress asked us if we wanted kid's menus. :0 Not cool!

I get that a lot. I'm 15. My young looks are really annoying, though because everyone thinks I'm a little kid. Dah. It better pay off once I'm older.
    Better than being 21 and being asked if you're 15... as it happened to me a few years ago. I really hope that I can make everyone believe I'm 29 until I'm AT LEAST 35....
    Apparently now I'm thought to be about 22, while I'm shamefully 25. Not too bad I guess...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

You're welcome. Well....There are no overt clues that I have found regarding your gender, but I tend to think you are a guy. Sorry if I am wrong. Is the little girl your sister?
    Yup, I am a guy and that's my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by andave_ya View Post
    Woah! Silent, you look exactly like on of the kids on the movie Dead Poet's Society. Lilly, I know EXACTLY what you mean about your face making you look lots younger than you are. My sister is four years younger than me and people ask us when they see us together, "who's older?" Grr. i can't even claim more maturity in my face than hers.
    which kid?
    life philosophy: "if one wants to succeed, they must become independent, if one wants to be independent, one must strive past the dificulties, using them to shape future desicions, like a sword being folded, every fold is a hardship overcome, and every fold removes one more imperfection that would destroy the completed version"

# of 1st Dans, Black Belts achieved- 2 (1 Hapkido, Sun Moo Kwan), (1 Tae Kwon Do)

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Truthfully, I have no idea. I loved that movie but that was just too many names to remember

Well, I have decided to take the plunge. The background is my books; you can see some of my Tolkien behind me and the wood sculpture is, according to my Mom, an Ent. He's standing guard over my treasures and I've named him Treebeard .

I realized that practically all the people I'm talking with have posted their pics and I know what they look like. So, here's mine.

Note: sorry for the huge picture!
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 06-18-2007 at 05:06 AM. Reason: resizing the photo
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
    Better than being 21 and being asked if you're 15... as it happened to me a few years ago. I really hope that I can make everyone believe I'm 29 until I'm AT LEAST 35....
    Apparently now I'm thought to be about 22, while I'm shamefully 25. Not too bad I guess...

Well, that last one is a bit better, like you said. But someone thinking you're 15 when you're 21?!?! Geez. I'm sorry.

Great picture Andya!

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Great photo andave! You have lovely hair.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice