Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most boring book ever?

About Nazis.What do you know about Nazis? Only that they "don't like jews". What do you know about Oswiecim (Aushwitz and Treblinka). It's easy to laugh at something that not concern us. In my country Nazis mades things that you can't even imagin. It wasn't funny.
    I know that it was just a joke, but not good joke.
    "Co to znaczy na zawsze ?"

I've been to Germany and Austria, I know all about how you all feel. You're right, it isn't right to joke about Auschwitz. However, the term 'Nazi' has lost all of its meaning aside from its historical significance, but it has now become synonymous with '*******' (and most people separate the two) here in the states.

And I really wasn't joking about Auschwitz, anyway. What the Roman Catholics did to the Babylonians was just as atrocious, but we can joke the Crusades and the Bible-Thumpers now, with the benefit of hindsight.

Evryone can laugh at evrything he want. But I think are better and worse jokes. Maybe you've got right, my knowledge of english is too poor. Maybe that is teh reason of our misunderstanding.

About The most boring book.
    I think "Ulysses" of James Joyce. I never finished this book although I tried. Maybe I will try one more time.

You should give Ulysses a second try, it is actually pretty interesting (and humorous).

As I sad, I'll try.

Hey, cristo . . . .

That's a good idea.

Ever Benevolent and Wise
    <wondering where next thread of `Six Degrees of Godwin' will show up>

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/

What does it mean boring book? I think that we must be enough young or enough old to read some books. There is nothing like definition of boring book.
    We live, as we dream - alone. (Joseph Conrad)

Quote Originally Posted by Lothwen
    What does it mean boring book? I think that we must be enough young or enough old to read some books. There is nothing like definition of boring book.
    I agree. Six years ago in high school, I hated reading The Scarlet Letter. Now, I'm re-reading for one of my classes, and loving it! I also developed a greater appreciation for Hawthorne since reading Young Goodman Brown.
    Hwt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/eodcuninga rum gefrunon,/hu a elingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaena reatum,/ monegum mgum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syan rest wear/ feasceaft funden; he s frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weormyndum ah,/ ot him ghwylc ara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. t ws god cyning!

most boring book of all time

Lord of the Rings, hands down
    Author of The Book of Days that Never Were -- a compilation of dates in literature, dates about the calendar, and related dated materials

Pride and Predjudice

I think that Jane Austen's Pride and Predjudice is the most boring book ever written. It is an overrated cheesy romance that appeals mainly to adolscent girls with nothing else to do on Saturday night. If published today, it would be featured at the checkout stand next to Sweet Valley High and Baby Sitter Club books, complete with a lurid cover of Elizabeth swept back in Mr. Darcy's arms and wind blowing through her hair. How did this book ever become "Classic" literature? Does anyone else feel this way?

J.Austen

I must strongly disagree with your filtered and base opinion of Prie and Prejudice. THis book is a fine piece of LIterature and to place it on the same level as Sweet Valley High and Baby Sitter books is like comparing dirt to pencils. THis book is perhaps one of the greatest illustrations of human nature that we have in our culture. To say such vile things aboout this work sugguest that perhaps you, "I hate Jane Austen" have not carefully read the book. I highly suggest that you read this book once more to gain a greater understanding of its morals and virtues.
    Wilfred

I second that, Wilfred!
    Hwt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/eodcuninga rum gefrunon,/hu a elingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaena reatum,/ monegum mgum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syan rest wear/ feasceaft funden; he s frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weormyndum ah,/ ot him ghwylc ara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. t ws god cyning!

Re: J.Austen

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred
    THis book is a fine piece of LIterature and to place it on the same level as Sweet Valley High and Baby Sitter books is like comparing dirt to pencils.
    Becuz if you've got somethin' against dirt and pencils, you've got somethin' against yourself!

Umm... Abdo, I think you missed something.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast