Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Mom, I put a couple of people in Hell today.

Hey Surf boy, missed me ?
    I'm not a good dictationary though... and neither do have any nearby. If you do, grab Ab and go see...
    I have a plan: attack!

smeghead
    D it's nice to have those two back. existance is to be. and sometimes it feels like u can stop being. i wonder if u stopped 'being' u could just disappear. they did that once on south park, i think. sometimes it's like nothing is real. like life is a dream. 'i think therefore i am'. what if u stop thinking? feeling? then for all practical purposes ur dead. ur existance is gone. for me, existance is being able to think and feel. then i know i'm real. i know i'm alive. do u ever feel like ur life actually is a dream? (don't mean to sound all matrix-y on u. i'm not even a fan. it's something taken from phliosophy, and anime ) ) like in dream u can't smell things or touch things, feel pain physically. but sometimes in life u can smell and touch and feel physically but not emotionally. sometimes i feel like that. and i sit around and wonder when i'll wake up and start feeling again.
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

Well, then I really have weird dreams...

smeghead
    why does my thingy say bibliophile? what?
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

It should say 'senior member'. You have over 200 posts.

smeghead
    'senior' makes me sound old. how did u get to be a kitchen knife divider? that sounds cool.
    (Mark Twain)

I've no idea what a kitchen knife divider is... oh, an idea pooped in my head... might be that wooden thingy???

It's whatever you want it to be.

Nice idea Ab , so from now on YOU are kitchen knife divider for me.

Maybe it's a way of thinking about the world? To me the kitchen knife is just a metaphor.

I'll be for you whatever you want, Jay.

Ever Benevolent and Wise
    Ok, sure you use the word knife, but divider? Do you mean one of those wooden blocks that hold about 19 knives? So you're a complex guy, you like to pick and choose, you don't just settle for 5" paring... makes sense to me.

Originally posted by AbdoRinbo
    Maybe it's a way of thinking about the world? To me the kitchen knife is just a metaphor.

I'll be for you whatever you want, Jay.

Division is just another word for reduction. Like I said, it's a way of thinking about the world.

smeghead
    is it one of those plastic things that holds knives? and as u throw them into the draw, they get all scratched and battered?
    (Mark Twain)

Gee Ab, not a wise idea... , I might actually take it literary . But thanks, it's the idea that counts XXX.

smeghead
    this thread has lost a lot of direction since i rocked up here so i think i should guide it back to it's roots in hell.. so to speak. (gotta post something constructive before everyone realises i only post junk and they kick me out.. or is it too late?)

hell. what do u think it is exactly? most of u seem to take it pretty lightly. is that because u don't believe in God or because u don't think that it's anything to be afraid of.. or try to avoid? is it like- 'ha! in your face religion! i don't care about the afterlife so i'll just keep living however i want and who cares?' i'm not saying i won't end up there. just that i don't at all want to. it's not my intention, at least, not for all the food munro could bring down there... maybe we can get back down to the nitty gritty of religion for our discussion? abdo can give his reasons why it's 'illiget' and i can give my reasons why it's not, perhaps.
    (Mark Twain)