Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 324

Thread: Dear Mom, I put a couple of people in Hell today.

  1. #151
    I never understood why people desire power (even of the religious kind), when it is the very same force that can enslave us. We are simultaneously masochistic and fascist.

  2. #152
    smeghead
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    On a road to nowhere
    Posts
    1,920
    i think if i had no conscience i'd be a criminal mastermind. world domination. by now you'd all be my slaves, toiling in my underground sugar caves.. D
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

  3. #153
    Good morning, Campers! Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,251
    Wait, aren't we your slaves already? :o :o
    I have a plan: attack!

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdoRinbo
    I never understood why people desire power (even of the religious kind), when it is the very same force that can enslave us. We are simultaneously masochistic and fascist.
    Where did this comment come from???

    Jonus
    Whatever happened to peace on earth?

  5. #155
    Jonus,

    Quote Originally Posted by fayefaye
    You don't have to belong to one of those little groups, you can just be plain Christian. Or at least, i am.

  6. #156
    smeghead
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    On a road to nowhere
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdoRinbo
    I never understood why people desire power (even of the religious kind), when it is the very same force that can enslave us. We are simultaneously masochistic and fascist.
    that's not true for all ppl. i'm not masochistic at all. D some ppl are one or the other, some a bit of both.

    jay, you're already my slaves?!! and i wasn't informed?! why haven't i exploited this already?

    btw, i don' t really see what my other quote had to do with power.
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

  7. #157
    smeghead
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    On a road to nowhere
    Posts
    1,920
    Late response religion isn't supposed to be acquiring power at all.
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

  8. #158
    Good morning, Campers! Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,251
    Conspiracy Faye . If someone told you, we'd be in danger
    I have a plan: attack!

  9. #159
    King of Plastic Spoons imthefoolonthehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lost in my own incoherence
    Posts
    2,378
    *marvels that this post as gone on for eleven pages*

    *wonders how many drugs some of the people had to take before they could come up with some of their obsurd Weed-deep philosophies*

    *marvels at the fact that people believe that, because they can't be proven wrong means ...that they must be right (goes for both sides of argument...)*

    *wonders again how doped-up some of the people were when they posted*

    *marvels at the fact that foolonthehill is using little stars to show what he is thinking*

    *wonders why people take less offense when you are typing your thoughts rather than stating your opinion*

    *marvels at how crazy this world is*
    Told by a fool, signifying nothing.

  10. #160
    Good morning, Campers! Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Imthefoolonthehill
    *marvels at how crazy this world is*
    agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Imthefoolonthehill
    *marvels at the fact that people believe that, because they can't be proven wrong means ...that they must be right (goes for both sides of argument...)*
    if you believe (in) something, you should be able to explain why do you believe (in) such a thing, and it sometimes might look like you won't accept anyone's ideas/thoughts/POVs

    Quote Originally Posted by Imthefoolonthehill
    *wonders how many drugs some of the people had to take before they could come up with some of their obsurd Weed-deep philosophies*
    you don't have to be under a drug influence (sorry, can't remember the exact English word...) to HAVE an opinion...
    I have a plan: attack!

  11. #161
    You CAN go Home Again Sindhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    you don't have to be under a drug influence (sorry, can't remember the exact English word...) to HAVE an opinion...
    Couldn't agree more!
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?
    There's a pair of us, don't tell!
    They'd banish us, you know!

    How dreary to be somebody!

  12. #162
    Good morning, Campers! Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,251
    8) thanks, it's nice to know someone sometimes agrees with something I say
    I have a plan: attack!

  13. #163
    smeghead
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    On a road to nowhere
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by imthefoolonthehill
    *marvels at the fact that people believe that, because they can't be proven wrong means ...that they must be right (goes for both sides of argument...)*

    *wonders again how doped-up some of the people were when they posted*

    *wonders why people take less offense when you are typing your thoughts rather than stating your opinion*

    *marvels at how crazy this world is*
    lol. good points, fool. esp about ppl thinking they're right about things that are impossible to prove them wrong on. but must say i wasn't at all doped up when posting (never have been) i was just short on time. that's why the stuff i put up so rarely makes sense.

    we usually do agree, jay. )
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

  14. #164
    L'artiste est morte crisaor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Stuck inside a cloud
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdoRinbo
    I never understood why people desire power (even of the religious kind), when it is the very same force that can enslave us. We are simultaneously masochistic and fascist.
    Bingo!
    Note that both groups need each other to exist.

  15. #165
    You CAN go Home Again Sindhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by crisaor
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdoRinbo
    I never understood why people desire power (even of the religious kind), when it is the very same force that can enslave us. We are simultaneously masochistic and fascist.
    Bingo!
    Note that both groups need each other to exist.
    Repeat Bingo! Pathetic how the masochist needs the sadist and vice versa! Though ironically the fascistswouldn't be at all pleased if they thought the enslaved group were intellectually evolved enough to want domination- they'd be too frightened that would be the prelude to resistance!
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?
    There's a pair of us, don't tell!
    They'd banish us, you know!

    How dreary to be somebody!

Similar Threads

  1. Images of Heaven and Hell
    By Miss Darcy in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
  2. John 1:12
    By KarenM in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •