Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Old Order Amish/ Kabbalah

The Old Order Amish/ Kabbalah

I grew up in the Amish and now study Kabbalah... any comments/conversations??
    www.amishcountry.org
    www.kabbalah.com

Blog Entries
    What is Kabbalah?

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

smeghead
    sounds like the sound an alien would make before it threw up. 'kabbalah!!' *green spew on spaceship floor*
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

Kabbalah or_Cabbala;_Jewish mysticism as it developed in the 12th century and after.

Essentially an oral tradition, it laid claim to secret wisdom of the unwritten Torah communicated by God to Adam and Moses. It provided Jews with a direct approach to God, a notion regarded as heretical and pantheistic by Orthodox Judaism. A major text was the 12th-century Book of Brightness, which introduced the doctrine of transmigration of souls to Judaism and provided Kabbala with extensive mythical symbolism. In 13th-century Spain the tradition included the Book of the Image, which asserted that each cycle of history had its own Torah, and the Book of Splendor, which dealt with the mystery of creation. In the 16th century the center of Kabbala was Safed, Galilee, where it was based on the esoteric teachings of the greatest of all Kabbalists, Isaac ben Solomon Luria. The doctrines of Lurianic Kabbala, which called for Jews to achieve a cosmic restoration (tiqqun) through an intense mystical life and an unceasing struggle against evil, were influential in the development of modern Hasidism.

May I ask, why you have chosen to study Kabbalah?

Because it's 90% physics... it bridges the gap between those old enemies science and religion. It may sound wierd or whatever but check out this website
    www.powerofkabbalah.com before forming your opinion.

Blog Entries
    Like the church of scientology?

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

When one says Cabbala (or how you prefer to spell it), the words "the tree of life" and "tarot" comes to mind... you study that James?
    I have a plan: attack!

the tree of life yes...the tarot no.

Blog Entries
    What is the tree of life?

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

kabbalah and the bible? if gematria is part of kabbalah thinking then sure, there's definitely a hidden link between religion and science in the holy bible. check out this book,

http://www.timefoot.com/isbn/0973425202/dust3.html

Blog Entries
    Oprah just had a special on the Kaballah faith, and I think I get where your coming from, it dosen't seem like anything bad.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

Do you still belive in Jesus, even though Kaballah is about knowing... not believing (or at least that's what I got from the first kaballah website you listed)

Well, everything that you believe is ultimately something that you know. So, as a fellow kabbalah student, I would respond for the "you", that yes, I personally believe in Jesus as a Messiah. His teachings concern predominately the mysteries of love...what he proproses is just another path for an individual to become a better person on earth. The way I hold Jesus in my heart is as a teacher and a brother. I don't think that if one doesn't believe in Jesus that person is wrong, or even misquided...I believe the gospels to hold a great deal of truth and beauty, and if one doesn't read them for whatever personal obstacle, then I lament that fact, but certainly would not judge accordingly.

Hm, I found it funny to think that the Amish had a web site. Guess the whole...electricity thing.
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast