Thread: Kate Chopin

Kate Chopin

I've just read the Two Portraits (by Kate Chopin)
    This is a great story.
    However, what a pity, I cannot find any more stories written by Kate Chopin.
    If anyone happens to know anywhere on this so-called internet that lets me read novels/stories for free, please let me know.
    Thank you very much.
    this is my email: [email protected]

Kate Chopin a prolific author

She lived form 1853 to 1904. Some of her best work addresses the inequality of the sexes, she writes of love and progressive issues of her day. One of her best works is "Desirees Baby", "Awakening", and "Story of an Hour". Kate Chopin is an exceptional story teller.

enjoy...

Denny

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would advise getting stories by Chopin from the library. I don't think the copyrights on her works are far enough back to make distributing them on the internet for free legal yet. That is likely why you are having issues finding anything else.

Well, I know that you want to read her stories for free online. Last year I bought a book that was published from Barnes & Noble for only $4.95 (it is part of their Barnes & Nobles Classics collection). It is called "The Awakening and Selected Short Fiction". So, it included "The Awakening" and the other previously mentioned "Desiree's Baby" and "The Story of an Hour", among 11 other stories.

So, I don't think it is a bad bargain (not as good as for free, though ).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyWentworth View Post
    Well, I know that you want to read her stories for free online. Last year I bought a book that was published from Barnes & Noble for only $4.95 (it is part of their Barnes & Nobles Classics collection). It is called "The Awakening and Selected Short Fiction". So, it included "The Awakening" and the other previously mentioned "Desiree's Baby" and "The Story of an Hour", among 11 other stories.

So, I don't think it is a bad bargain (not as good as for free, though ).
    I think this is the copy that I just borrowed from the library. I had a desire to read The Awakening again, and this was the copy I got. I haven't gotten to the other stories yet since I started on Rabbit, Run for the book club, but I may have to hit them up soon.

Blog Entries
    I studied both The Story of An Hour and Two Portraits in college last year, and I loved them both.
    I have only one book by her called 'The Awakening & other stories'.
    I suppose that it's hard to find any of her works online, cuz I tried searching for one of her stories, that I didn't have, and couldn't find it.
    Maybe you can do as it's suggested and borrow it from the nearest library or if a friend has it maybe.
    I'm the patron saint of the denial,
    With an angel face and a taste for suicidal.

Professional Crastinator Hyacinth42's Avatar
    First, I'd like to say that I thought "The Awakening" was a horrible book, and am sorry that I wasted the few hours of my life that it took to read the book. (I'm sorry if I'm being rather rude, we were forced to read it for class, and I thought it was terrible, and while we were "discussing" it in class, the movie 'City of Angels' popped into my head, and I just got done watching it, and am now suffering from the aftereffects).

However, I LOVED 'desiree's baby'... It was so ironic and funny. But, other than that story (although I haven't read her other stuff), I don't see why you'd want to read anything written by her.