Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever post on this board?

I've been a member for ummm..... a month? maybe? and hardly anyone has posted here.
    Lord, what fools these mortals be!

When school is in session the site gets roughly 30,000 page views a day.

Right now its about a third as much because of the holidays, in a week or so it should pick back up again.

Even so, the forums aren't used as often as I'd like. During peak months with about 150-180,000 unique people visiting the site in a month the forums still remain not very busy.

The forums are also rather knew in the grand scheme of things, it usually takes awhile for a new forum to become lively, the good thing is that the growth is usually exponential.

Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Thanks.

Ok. I'm here now. You can all stop waiting. Talk to me.

Hiya! What's up?

Mortal Fool... what an interesting name. Well, I like it! Not much up. I was wondering if anyone was going to answer. Kind of dead around here. On the literature front I'm working through the collected works of Shakespeare. Midsummer Night's Dream to add a bit of precision to things. Also reading "A Farewell to Arms" by Hemingway. Love it. On the non-lit front, well you know, work etc... talking movies and such on movieforums.com. et tu?

Not much. I love A Midsummer Night's Dream
    I just finished reading The Tempest. It was pretty good. I also got to see it live, at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. It was great!

Admin,

maybe part of the reason is that there are so many different forums. I htink to build a community, you need to get everybody together.

I belong to a vibrant community on an author's web site, and I think the best part is that everyone who visits the forums goes straight to where the action is. It is like there is a place for the strictly book discussions and info requests, and then a place where people just hang out and chat. When there are so many different, you kind of have to guess where everyone is.

well here i am ......all the response from the world hehe......welltalk about something interesting!
    flyin without wings!

I am here too

Been wondering the same thing, mortalfool...

I'm here. Talk to me. Gerber baby bubble butt.

~Kris

30,000 hits a day is a lot! Are you all here mostly for literature research? What I really meant to ask is what % of you lit lovers really want to write something of your own? Just curious.

I used to teach college composition till I just couldn't afford to any more. I've since better than doubled my income but still have the goal to earn enough from ventures like http://www.UofLIFE.com/press adn http://www.LDSSinglesNetwork.com to go back to teaching. It would be a perfect world if I could do it without the vow of poverty.

And what about all you English majors...if not teaching, what do you plan to do with your degrees? Plenty of options, I know, but how many of them really relate to your love of reading or writing? Again, just curious.

Actually, that was last year, now it gets 60,000 a day (with the record being around 110,000).

Personally, I write. The only things I've had published are articles having to do with web development. I've written poetry, but it hasn't been published (nor have I persued publication). I hope to one day write novels, and have outlines of two done, but finding the time to write is hard.

The majority of this site's visitors are coming for research purposes, usually to complete a homework assignment. Just looking at demographics 60% of our visitors list student as their profession.

If you want to talk to English majors you might have more luck starting a new thread with that as the topic.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

I'm also a student, but I love reading. I'd like to study english language and literature in a collage and I was just looking for some works written in english, because there aren't many english-written books in our library. Sure, there could be two or three hundred of them, but I don't read everything. I'd like to thank you for providing the electronic versions of some of the books I was desparately looking for.

60,000 WHAT?

Admin, if there is really 60,000 hits a day, Why is it so hard to get someone to respond to a simple post? Out of 60,000 people, there has got to be a few that know what they are talking about.Granted, there are one or two good souls out there that will usually help, but not enough. And why am I the only registered user online at any particular time. Do people just register, ask one question for homework, then never come back again? Oh well, love the site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast