Thread: Jo's Boys

Jennifer

Jo's Boys

I cried and cried when this book came to an end, because the Marches and all the boys are like real people to me. They're just so true-to-life and interesting. I've read all of Louisa May Alcott's books, but the March trilogy is the best of them all. Has anyone else ever tried to figure out which sister they were the most like? I never can decide between Jo and Amy, because I'm a little like both of them. Well, whatever, I just recommend these books to everybody!

It was and is a great book and a good climax to a fantastic series. I must be unusual as a keen male reader of the four novels but I have never cared for what other people think of my reading choices so that doesn't matter.

I was happy at the strong hint that Alice and Demi would eventually pair off, and I loved the college atmosphere throughout the book. Josy was a fine character and I suppose with people like her there could or should have been one more book.

The only other series I've read to rival that of the March family are the Katy books by Susan Coolidge.

Oh, I wrote the above five years ago and I haven't changed my mind. Marvellous book, I must re-read the whole four books again soon.