Thread: Excellent Book

Mary

Excellent Book

I love the whole set i think its the best in the world but i refuse to believe that Jo is suited for Mr Bhaer and not Laurie. It is obvious that even in Little Men the married man still has a place in his heart for Jo...and i refuse to believe that its sisterly!!! i mean come on its not fair! its only because shes Brunette that she married an old middle aged man and not "charming" understands her sooooooo welll...she cant just dump TEDDY!

I totally loved the book! I didn't know there were sequels. Now I want to read Jo's Boys and Little Men. Anyway, I told my husband that I was greatly disappointed with the ending of Little Women. I was literally upset with the fact that she and Teddy didn't get together. No, it was not fair! What was up with that? I started disliking Amy and secretly wished Jo would have been more jealous instead of so understanding. That's horrible, I know. Still, I have to realize that Jo blew him off repeatedly. I still think that he had feelings for Jo that would never die. He just couldn't let Amy ever know. I don't care how much Amy matured. She was still a little brat. Finally, where did the old professor come into the picture? That was totally unexpected. I wonder why LMA went in that direction. Anyway, I still loved the book.

Hey, thanks a lot for telling me the ending.

I'm going to go jump off a bridge now.

I wonder why LMA went in that direction.
    L.M.A perfectly knew that her readers wanted Jo to end up with Laurie but she told that couldn't let it happen (even after some consideration).
    She believed that Laurie would do good to young and immature Amy, when Jo needed a more fatherly like man (hence Professor Bhaer).
    Moreover, L.M.A. has never been happy in love so I guess she couldn't let Jo be someone she wasn't really herself. But it's mere guess.
    I would have liked Jo to end up with Laurie and it took me time to accept L.M.A.'s choice but I can understand it.
    I never recovered Beth's death however... It's way too much autobiographical... Dear E.S. Alcott, she was truly an "angel"...
    "What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do…?"

Blog Entries
    Yeah I know, I was definately upset when Jo rejected Teddy - they're just so adorable together! Even after they're both married with kids. I really didn't like Amy at the time but after reading 'Little Men' and 'Jo's Boy's' I warmed to her.

I think Amy was more suited to luxury and wealth. I don't think Teddy really loved Jo. They were certainly close friends, but I don't think they were made for each other. Perhaps it shows that life doesn't always happen the way we want.

Beth's death added a sweetness to the novel. Of course it was sad, but it made the tale more dear.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

Yeah that Teddy...