Indeed, an importaint book even in our time. D.H. Lawrence describes the life of an upper-class Lady whoes husband became paralized from his waist and down during the war. Not that her sex-life had much at the beginning with either. Lawrence takes you to see her life as a woman, under-rated by the men's society where her sexuality is limited only to the satification of men. But when she engages in a sexual relationship with the gamekeeper, she finds out she is truly the one denying herself the pleasure, not visa versa. <br><br>I read this book yesterday, after finding a 1953 copy in my shelf. I sat down and read it...and couldn't stop. A beautiful language, charming scenes and (in our time) not so shocking sexual scenes makes this a very beautiful book. The humour in this book is also nice. Like Mallors and his talk about Lady Jane and John Thomas, or the long talks they had. After a while you understand that Lady Chatterley is much inexperienced, despite her experience, so to speak. Her fascination over the naked male body is stunning and you realise just how much she has been denied to see. She is taken aback by the beauty of the male body and the gamekeeper is taken aback by the beauty of her female body. This book matters much in our time, because it teaches about what life is really about. Exploring and taking chances, as well as doing what you can to be happy.<br><br>This book is terrific and should be read over and over again. And the film is good as well and captures the beauty of the writing...highly recommendable.