Thread: Anne of the Island

Annie

No Subject

You are totally right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Gilbert Blythe

Anne of the Island

Oh my gosh! This is SUCH a good book! It talks about love, love, love, and Anne, Gilbert, and Roy. Anne has like 5 proposals! But Gil wins!!!

Yes, Anne seems to be quite popular, though her heart knows what she wants. I don't think she realized how much she loved Gilbert until his illness, and I don't think she was ready to marry him the first time he proposed.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

imnova
    this is a such a great work from montgomery, i held my breath when gilbert says he loved anne.........well surely love sneak behind them slowly but surely....

Bhadra
    this was such a great book...I loved it...

The reason why I love this book is not only because it's the start of the Anne and Gilbert romance, but also because of the many quirky and interesting characters we are introduced to, and a continuation in the stories of old characters, such as Davy.

I have to admit that my favourite new character is Philippa Gordon. I love how indecisive she is (a quality I recognise in myself) and how she gives everything up to marry a poor, penniless, homely seminary student with a beautiful soul and spirit.
    I also love the description of Patty's Place, especially Gog and Magog