Thread: Sooo Divine

Tara M. Adams

No Subject

Keep reading these important works!! It is so, so great to hear that you are interested at 14 yrs old!! And that you are trying to encourage others your age to read Dante is commendable - Peace Out!!

Unregistered

No Subject

The only comments that are accepted are positive ones, so if anybody hated the book, then your voice won't be heard, that's why there's only eight comments up here (and this is on the world wide web)

Miriam

Sooo Divine

I made myself read the Divine Comedy for Academic Team when I was 14, I could not put it down, I thought it was going to be a tedious mess and glorification of the Church, I found quite the opposite. It really amazed me how modern and up to date the writing was, my copy had a summary of every canto for the lazy ones it also gave me more insight into the words I was reading. I reccomend this book to anyone who is remotely interested in the middle ages, it was a page turner from the City of Dis to the Heaven of the Fixed Stars. Come on kids pllleeeeaaaassssseee, Dante askes nicely.<br> Peace out

I can easily agree with you, Miriam. I read Dante's The Divine Comedy for the first time years ago, and fell in love so much that I read it again immediately. Some of the Florentine history names I had difficulty with, feeling a little weak in my 13th century Italian history, but, otherwise, I found Dante one of the most inspirational writers of all time.
    Welcome to the forum!