Thread: Hey

dnny

No Subject

im in 8th grade and i read this for a book report. Once you get through the first few chapters, its a good book. its interesting and you never expect whats going to happen

John Dawson

Journey to the Centre of the Earth

Hello Makayla. Yes, I think this is a very good book to read. I first read it when I was in 8th grade or so, I'm pretty old now( over 40). It was the best book I had ever read and is still one of my favorites.<br><br>I'm sure you will enjoy the book. Have fun with your teacher's assignment, someday you may be a famous author.

Unregistered

No Subject

good book

Unregistered

jules verne

you'll love this book! Jules Verne is an amazing author who certainly knew how to tell a rip-roaring yarn!

DEW

No Subject

Hi Makayla, I just now read this book and think it's intended more for young adults and older than for 8th graders. I'm far older than 13 myself, and it was still a bit "slow going" in places. If you are a very scientifically oriented person, then it might be fine at even younger than 13. It was just a fascinating novel in my opinion. It's been put into comic book and condensed book format though, which might be best for younger kids and grownups without much leisure to read.<br><br>The novel A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle which deals with the special theory of relativity, "tesseracts", and the possibility of time travel is geared towards young people. I read that way back when I was 11 and loved it so much that for a long time afterwards I was walking around in a sort of haze just thinking about the characters and events in it. <br><br>There's a classic sci fi series about "Danny Dunn" that I recommend highly too. From age 10-11 or so I really loved those and couldn't put them down.<br><br>Later I also really loved Under the Sea Wind by Rachel Carson, which tells amazing stories of sea creatures and can be appreciated by all ages. <br><br>Most school science classes and textbooks cannot begin to compete with books like those in waking up the natural sense of wonder and awe about the earth and our own hopes and dreams.

Unregistered

No Subject

Jules Verne does a great job in writing this book. I'm in 7th grade and I've read it about two or three times. I'd definately recommend it for you. At times it may have been a bit confusing, but overall the book wasn't that hard to understand. If you like science fiction and can understand nineteenth century literature, this is a great book for you. <br>UNTITLED

Unregistered

verne's

If you had to wait and accept the reponses of those more atune to a level you have yet to achieve, I dare say, that your life will pass before you as quickly as mine. With subsurvient directives dictating my very existance. <br>In a lighter sense, I recommend this this book whole heartedly. Keep me post ed when you finished.<br>rick.

Makayla

Hey

Hello. I am Makayla Brooks an 8th grade student. I never have read this book and i was wonderin if it is a good book to read. My teacher is making the class write a story kind of like this one only in our point of view.If you would please e`mail me back and tell me what you think of this book and if it is suitable for an 8th grader to read. Thank you for your time reading my e`mail.<br><br> <br> Sincerly,<br> Makayla Brooks <br><br><br>