Jules Verne did a wonderful job on this book; for an nineteenth century author, he was able to predict and describe and even calculate of what he thought was under our earth. Because of the littel knowledge of the time, Verne had basically no information to write this book with. He did an excellent job, along with his publisher Hetzel, in writing this book.<br><br>Those of you who complain about the style of English and lengthy calculations he has in the book are complaining about Jules himself. If you've ever read more of his books (as I have read about four or five) you will clearly see that Verne's style of writing is a unique one of calculations and/or describing of various surroundings. If you are complaining about these things, I wouldn't recommend reading any of his books.<br><br>I loved the description and way ofwriting Jules used. I have also seen the movie, but it was not as good as the book. Books can give you what movies can't, and I believe Jules is a good example of this. Out of four stars I'd give the book a four. I'm amazed the book has survived over one hundred years, and thus I believe it deserves a healthy respect. It is a classic and shall never be forgotten. It is one of my favorite books.