Thread: A missing scene?

Andrew Zrinsky

No Subject

Yes, this was a part in the book! Funny that the tapes wouldn't have it. Makes you wonder about other books on tape! LOL

Unregistered

Confused as well

Although by now i doubt anyone is around to read this, i am having sort of the same problem. I borrowed a copy of the book from the local library, which is the Hallmark Entertainment version, and is a guide-book to their television mini-series. Much of this version is different in language, and it is generally ahead by two or three chapters (it has one chapter less), but generally its events agree with that of this website. However, I understand that in the Hallmark version there is the Ape Gigan event, while it does not appear on this site. Is it apart of the true version, or was it just apart of the television-series?

Marc

A missing scene?

Hello, I have just gotten done listening to an amazing unabridged audio recording of Verne's fantastic novel. As this was my first time "reading" this novel, I must say I was very impressed and also very disappointed. There is a scene in Verne's novel that I had heard about in a compendium of literary and film creatures of a scene that takes place once the adventures begin to travel down the river on there raft. I believe the nephew wakes up in the darkness and discovers that there is a giant ape like creature on the shore of the river, which he calls the Apes Gigan. While he studies the ape, a giant reptile attacks him, which Axel calls the Crocodile-Shark, and the two fight. The giant ape kills the reptile and then goes after the raft, only to have Axel awake and discover that the entire event was nothing more than a fantastic dream. <br><br>After listening to this audio version, I was sad to discover that this scene was not in this unabridged version, and I was wondering if this actually is a scene from Verne's novel or something that has been mistaken as part of his novel. If anyone out there can please help me out, I would be most grateful.