I have only just discovered the brilliance that is Don Quixote and already I find myself completely absorbed into it's fantastical world. I am 16 and never read such a long book before, but the droll humour and exuberant narrative has immersed me. As a reader you cannot help being inexorably drawn into the perfect simplicity of Don Quixote.<br>Here is a character who finds a life that he wants and takes it without a second thought, Don Quixote escapes the ordinary to live a life of giants, duels and justice. His wanton diregard for materialism and all that it entails, however deranged, inspires generations to realise something within themselves. Devotion to the highest ideals is something which many denounce as pompous or crazy, but I say it is the perfect manifestation of the human soul. We should all follow Don Quixote and undertake a quest of our own and make it as hopelessly absurd as we possibly can. Then maybe we can live a life full of adventure, and escape the tainted drudery that is modernity.