Thread: Question

Unregistered

No Subject

Anne was orphaned and raised by a neighbor, "Mrs. Thomas" who had a "drunken husband". Her parents had been teachers. She was passed around from Mrs. Thomas to a cruel woman called Mrs. Hammond who made a slave of her. Then she was sent to the orphanage and therby came to Marilla and Matthew, who had sent for a boy but got Anne instead

Unregistered

No Subject

Anne was orphaned and raised by a neighbor, "Mrs. Thomas" who had a "drunken husband". Her parents had been teachers. She was passed around from Mrs. Thomas to a cruel woman called Mrs. Hammond who made a slave of her. Then she was sent to the orphanage and therby came to Marilla and Matthew, who had sent for a boy but got Anne instead

Unregistered

No Subject

her parents died when she was younger and she had to be put in an orphanage. She'd lived there ever since and was adopted by several people, but they all treated her badly and sent her back to the orphanage. She was finally adoped by Matthew & Marilla for good.

Txblonde

Question

I've been watching this with my daughter. We were wondering, what had happened to her family? Where are her parents? Did I miss that part?

Oh WATCHING

Hi there
    Please allow me to offer you a word of advise, read the books. Read them to your daughter, she will love you forever. Please please stop watching the movies untill you have read the books. All will be explained and understood.

I will add here that, the books are usually better than the movies.

Anne's parents died of some disease, I don't quite remember what, it might of been yellow fever, when she was just a baby. She was taken in and raised by Mrs. Thomas. No one thought she would live long. Her parents lived in Nova Scotia. In one of the later books, Anne of the Island, she visits the home where she was born.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

yeah!!I agree read the books...they will really help u get it..

Quote Originally Posted by RJbibliophil View Post
    I will add here that, the books are usually better than the movies.

Anne's parents died of some disease, I don't quite remember what, it might of been yellow fever, when she was just a baby. She was taken in and raised by Mrs. Thomas. No one thought she would live long. Her parents lived in Nova Scotia. In one of the later books, Anne of the Island, she visits the home where she was born.
    Yes, it is mentioned in the book that her mother died of fever when Anne was three months old, and four days later her father departed from the world as fell.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

I am in full agreement that reading BEFORE watching the movies is best. Please do finish watching them because they are just as beautiful as the stories. You miss a lot by only watching, since it is explained in the story as to how Anne's parents died.
    Last edited by Amaryllis; 06-11-2007 at 08:27 PM.

A forest bird never wants a cage.
    Henrik Ibsen