+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken page link Help!

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Broken page link Help!

Hi, guys

I am asking for your patience.

I have to change browser continually to be able to post on this pages. Android works but copy and paste is complicate on tablet. The Russian Yandex lasted about a mount now Im trying my luck with a new an. But I must find out how to fix this broken link. Any help will be very welcome.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry you're having such problems posting Danik.
    Please can you explain which link is broken?
    The main forums page?
    https://www.online-literature.com/forums/forum.php

The New Posts search link?
    https://www.online-literature.com/forums/search.php?searchid=9802852

Maybe you could copy paste the link here and also the error message you get?

[QUOTE=Danik 2016;1396860]Hi, guys

I am asking for your patience.

I have to change browser continually to be able to post on this pages. Android works but copy and paste is complicate on tablet. The Russian Yandex lasted about a mount now Im trying my luck with a new an. But I must find out how to fix this broken link. Any help will be very welcome.[/QUOTE]
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    Yes, Logos, thanks for looking into it. There is no error message, the site just appears disfigured so that I can't log in, surf or log out. The weird thing is that when I change the browser the page is normal. After some days or weeks it appears broken. I made a test with Dr Link and it found two broken links. Another thing: sometimes the page is normal, so that I can view the contents and make a post before it gets awry again.
    Logos, it would be so kind if you could find out what's the matter and how it can be mended!
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

it sounds like something well outside my expertise danik, and all the more so since I don't have a cell phone or a tablet but I nevertheless found myself wondering, is there a way to clear the cache on those devices?

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Bounty!
    I don´t think it is cache memory, because , sometimes, when I change the browser the problem disappears. Just now I am switching between thee browsers.
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 03-28-2023 at 08:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    This is so annoying Danik, I know. I also get this sometimes, and then after a few days it just disappears! and I can access the site as usual.

It can be that some things with the site software are out of date and due to current safety features of some browsers it can have a conflict and not display properly.

It is just one more instance of the site usability that does not work correctly and which I am not able to fix.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for looking into it, Logos!

Blog Entries
    Danik, did you say you access the site with an Android tablet?
    I have also seen the Dr Link site and while I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at, I'm also limited in my techspertise but there is for sure some things amiss. I will forward the info the site owner and see, maybe they will look into it. Thank you so much for trying to explain things! I hope it will clear up soon or at least that you can access the site easier.

[QUOTE=Danik 2016;1396864]Yes, Logos, thanks for looking into it. There is no error message, the site just appears disfigured so that I can't log in, surf or log out. The weird thing is that when I change the browser the page is normal. After some days or weeks it appears broken. I made a test with Dr Link and it found two broken links. Another thing: sometimes the page is normal, so that I can view the contents and make a post before it gets awry again.
    Logos, it would be so kind if you could find out what's the matter and how it can be mended![/QUOTE]

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much, Logos, for forwarding this. hopefully there is a webmaster there who will be able to help us.
    Yes, on Android I don´t have any problem with the site. The problem is, posting links on Android is more difficult than on PC.

+ Reply to Thread