Thread: Help with browsers

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Help with browsers

After I changed from Firefox to Bravo for a long time I didn´t have any problems with logging in and posting on Litnet. Some days ago a tried to acess the page, as usual, it is broken. I tried Edge, Edge worked, wonderful! Today I acessed Edge, Edge appeared as broken. Acessed Chrome- wonderful, in fact I´m using it at present. Wondering how long it will hold.

Has any one had had that kind of experience? Would love some suggestions. Thanks!
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 01-17-2023 at 07:13 AM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    No problem so far here... using Opera. I remember once long ago I had to use an old distro of Safari for Windows (yes, Windows) to log in and do anything for a short time; nothing else would work. Hope you get your stability back.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks, tailor! I hope it too.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For years I used Chrome browser. It does random super secret sneaky updates so all of a sudden last year I guess after an update I could not stay logged in and or easily browse the forums etc. so I changed to Firefox browser and that went fine for a while. Now I'm back with Chrome and some examples ... every time I log in or send a private message this pops up first before I can proceed:
    The information you’re about to submit is not secure.
    I do stay logged in now!

I wrote this to someone recently:
    Correct.
    New people can not sign up.
    That's on purpose.
    Members are also not encouraged to come back. You see already the problems you yourself get, and the few others that are able to post in the forums, they also have massive problems sometimes logging in and not getting timed out etc. There is no current push to increase activity in the forums.
    It's sad. I know. It's the way it is right now and maybe in the future things will change for the better

Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your answer Logos!
    I just now lost my answer, because I managed to log in with Brave, a sort of first cousin of Chrome.
    It´s all weird, bur Litnetters are used to weird situations.
    So, let´s hope for better times.

Blog Entries
    Opera, hopefully temporarily, says I'm logged in... but I'm not really (can't post). Following Danik 2016's lead and using Brave browser until it clears up.

Update: Opera still not playing nice 5+hours later.
    Update 2: Cleared cookies, etc and Opera working again

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 06-06-2023 at 03:47 PM. Reason: update / update 2
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Updating this browser thread. The site appeared broken now also on Android(tablet and smart phone). Presently managing with a browser that is not so updated and not linked to the google family.