Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Alternate News.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries

Alternate News.

Alternate News Updates.

I’m presuming by now that everyone is saturated with updates on: corona virus data, new mutations, R rates, blood clot chances, and the vaccines, inclusive Sputnik and a new one developed in Jamaica called “Rasta Zenica.” The latter is not as effective as the others, but after the second dose you don’t care anymore.

It’s a likewise sentiment for myself regards the news. So, I thought I would share with you three stories of interest this week that I found newsworthy.

Apparently, due to global warming, polar bears have started mating with grizzly bears, giving rise to a new species called the “Pizzaly Bear.”

Research is ongoing into cultivating human cells in monkeys. If successful, will this mean that evolution has gone full circle?

The Israeli army are using members of the oldest profession in the world as surrogate sex partners; apparently to help injured soldiers regain their mojos. About time the fallen angels had some official recognition and job security.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I got my first shot Coronavac on Thursday.(Not alternate but important, at least for me).

Lol for Pizzally Bears.

"Research is ongoing into cultivating human cells in monkeys. If successful, will this mean that evolution has gone full circle?"- I don´t know about that, but it means people are tampering with the species. In the first Novel of Atwood´s MadAdam Trilogy she describes a pig culture destined to carry human organs for transplantation. The poor pigs have to carry, for example, four livers. Ok, that was fiction, of course the pigs rebelled. But yesterday I read an article( El País), where there intend to do exactly that: rear pigs and other animals to make them carry human organ. Fazit: On has to enjoy life as long as a human is still a human, a cat a cat, a dog a dog, a monkey a pure monkey, because the age of the chimeras seems to be approaching.

I think in some wars the girls followed the soldiers but I have some doubt about their personal security.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the first shot. It must be an emotional relief, especially as I read about the dire situation in San Paulo

Age of chimeras or simulacras? Its all becoming a bit confusing.

You most probably were aware of a lot of women that comprised what were called "camp followers," especially in the 19th century, that moved behind marching armies. I recently have been reading about the Duke of Wellingtons campaigns in the Peninsular and they were very prevalent there.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Manichaean. You are right and this is cause to worry bacause the population of SP amounts to about 20% of the population of Brazil. On the other hand, up to now 80% of the Brazilian vaccines come from São Paulo

"You most probably were aware of a lot of women that comprised what were called "camp followers," especially in the 19th century, that moved behind marching armies. I recently have been reading about the Duke of Wellingtons campaigns in the Peninsular and they were very prevalent there. "

I was thinking about the play by Brecht, "Mother Courage and her Children" which is about the 30 years war.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row