Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: The UK Covid Road Map.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries

The UK Covid Road Map.

Yesterday here in the UK, Boris’s Johnson the Prime Minister put forward a road map for exiting Covid restrictions; based mainly on the success of the vaccines roll out.

It conjured up images of an exodus to freedom, akin the 40 years the Jewish people trekked through the desert to return to their homeland. The journey through this pandemic in the UK will have been March 2020 – 21st June 2021, if we hit the target, (nearly 16 months). It will seem like 40 years at journeys end.

8th March. Schools reopen. Forget all the old stories of bunking off school. Kids are desperate for return, and Mums are not far behind.

12th April. Gyms & Hairdressers reopen. Can get back to working off the extra weight gained during this sedentary period. And get a long-awaited haircut & beard trim. By then I will be looking like a patriarch parting the Red Sea.

17th May. Resumption of International Travel. Leaving aside the post Brexit passport hassle; perhaps a cold beer in Berlin, or a pizza in Rome. But much depends on covid restrictions still in place south of Calais.

21st June. Target Date for End of Restrictions. So near & yet so far. Take care everyone and hang in there.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am simply burning with envy. You actually have a roadmap for the possible end of the pandemic!

Actual situation:
    About 3% are allready vaccinated. Mostly health personal and people over 85.
    Vaccines are trickling in, mainly due to the efforts of our vaccine institut of São Paulo. Meanwhile sick rates are still increasing and the hospitals are reaching or have already reached their limit. Several vaccines are still being negotiated.

All the rest still lies at the end of a long? tunnel.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    The realism my friend is that until most of the worlds population get the vaccine, that we will all remain under some form of restriction. This is especially true in international travel and holidays.

Unfortunately until most of the richer countries have their own populas ok, that they will not tackle the problems of other needing countries.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think this is mostly rather a question of how each country tackles its problems. Of course there are some very poor countries that can´t pay for the vaccines, that wholly depend on donations.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    The realism my friend is that until most of the worlds population get the vaccine, that we will all remain under some form of restriction. This is especially true in international travel and holidays.

Unfortunately until most of the richer countries have their own populas ok, that they will not tackle the problems of other needing countries.
    I sure hope so. #stayinside