Thread: AC/DC the Head-Banger’s Cure for Covid

Blog Entries

AC/DC the Head-Banger’s Cure for Covid

AC/DC the Head-Banger’s Cure for Covid

There’s too much chaos lately. This Covid Curse is getting the best of us. Everyday the news is worse than last week’s, which we thought was bad at the time. This upsets me. I feel like kicking someone’s *ss, but don’t know who. It’s hard to kick the *ss of an invisible enemy, the primitive savage virus from Hell.

I sensed I needed a little direction. My formula? Rock and Roll.

While looking up something about AC/DC’s possible resurrection, I came upon “Rock or Bust”. While watching it I realized afterwards, it was made in 2015!

That’s the thing about AC/DC, they’re consistent! They never change. What we hear from Washington is never consistent! Some previously uncharted region in my brain has made the connection that you can trust rock, but not your own government!

In Rock we Trust. We should mint Bitcoins that say this, with AC/DC stamped on the reverse.

And when you listen to AC/Dc’s pounding beat, it actually takes you somewhere! For a human on lock-down who’s been nowhere for over six months that’s a plus. They call this beat driving for a reason. The only place our people in power drive us is crazy and around in circles.

In addition, the message you get from AC/DC is truthful! It makes the latest news from the White House seem suspect. Suspect of what? Everything but good. AC/DC shoot straight from the hip! They’re a no-nonsense band. Like Gibraltar, they’ve been around a long time. Instead of lying to get reelected, they get respected.

So, besides a little whiplash later, I feel better!

P.S. this song it so good, even professional Head-Bangers with light-up horns on their heads with suffer whiplash and need SalonPass.

SalonPass-please send me a dollar. I just endorsed your product on social media, even if nobody reads this, that’s got to be worth something.

©StevenHunley2020

https://youtu.be/_NdHySPJr8I AC/DC Rock or Bust
    Last edited by Steven Hunley; 10-20-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: word changes

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope that you at least have a garden, where you can take walks, Steve.
    In six months I left my home tvice: one time to take the flu shot the other to go to the doctor.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

The remarkable thing with AC/DC is their resilience. When Brian Johnson had to leave the band for health reasons, Axl Rose joined as lead vocalist in 2019. Just before they started touring, Axl broke a leg but the famed AC/DC willingness to perform got to him. A kind of wooden throne was haphazardly put together and Axl appeared on stage with brace and all.

Is that dedication to the fans or what?

Francis
    "Some things in life need solitude to thrive. Will only flourish in seclusion and loneliness, without affection hushing and lulling them to sleep.
    The pursuit of dreams is such a thing."

Tom Fitch - Intersection Diaries

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    The Rolling Stones are another morale boosting entity.

Indestructible.

"Its Only Rock & Roll but I like it."

Yeah !!! N

Talking about The Stones, there latest song Living in a Ghost Town feels remarkably fresh for a band that has been around that long. The first time I heard it on the radio, not knowing it was The Rolling Stones, I was thinking, this clearly sounds like the Stones. Yet it feels so contemporary that it may also be one the more recent bands around. Really amazing how they managed to keep their seventies base sound yet have it feel like a real 2020-song.

Francis
    "Some things in life need solitude to thrive. Will only flourish in seclusion and loneliness, without affection hushing and lulling them to sleep.
    The pursuit of dreams is such a thing."

Tom Fitch - Intersection Diaries

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    I'm lucky in having the Stones as a benchmark. I went to university with Jagger with only 2 months in age separating us. If he can keep rocking, I can keep living life to the full.