Thread: He Fell on his ***.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries

He Fell on his ***.

He Fell On His ***.

For those of you most confused of existing mortals, for whom the English language is not your native tongue, I will now endeavour to explain usage of the word “ass.”

It is a somewhat portentous word for me; akin an Enceladus, living-buried under his Trinacria.

You might initially be under the illusion that it just refers to one’s butt. Alas no. That is just the tip of the assberg.

Let us therefore dip below the waves.

In many instances of usage, the word may appear redundant.

Thus; “a lazy ass” is someone who is lazy. “A long-assed flight” is a long flight.

But it does add a touch of what is currently referred to as “street-cred.” It is cool.

It can become confusing though. Thus “a grown-assed man” is a whole man who has grown, and not just his ***.

Equally important, one must be careful not to reverse the meaning. If one is a “badass,” it’s a compliment, but bad is still bad. And a “dumbass” is still dumb.

“Ass” can also refer to your whole self-e.g. “Move your ass” / Move everything.

One can also coldly asseverate “My ***,” instead of using the word “No.” Example: “This car is fast.” Response: “Fast my ***.”

There is also a touch of divinity in the ability to divide the word.

Whereas being called an “ass” signifies stupidity, “half-assed” indicates not concentrating properly.

Finally, there is the munificent expression “A piece of ass” expressed as an appreciation of the female of the species.

Here endith the lesson which I trust you found instructive.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol! Very instructive and clarifying indeed!

I don´t remember in which English or American film there are those two policemen that are commanded to move their fat asses.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Hi Danik

Can also use "Get your *** into gear."

Are you conversant with a similar word used widely in English coversation: **** up, half ****?

Blog Entries
    Just love these asterisks.

Blog Entries
    Or when you have to excuse yourself, "Forgive me for being such an ***hole." Or when someone knows absolutely nothing like, " He doesn't know is *ss from a hole in the ground."