Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Pets Corner

Pets Corner

Lets share pets stories at home from home.
    So what does your pet does routinely that is funny/unusual/hilarious.

The cat we have repeatedly chew on paper haha.
    Every time there is a envelope through the letter box she goes and start chewing them.
    But then sometimes she doesn't.
    She also stares a lot which is hilarious LOl
    NOT CATNIP though it is too much to bare haha
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loved the idea, cacian. Don´t have cats any more but I´ll try to remember some of their stories.

I remember the first time "Tino" trusted in me. He still lived with his cat family by a neighbor. In August there used to be free shots against rabbies, so we took the whole bunch to the church nearby, one voyage by car to the church nearby, for each cat. When Tinos turn came he simply escaped and ran in the direction, where he supposed his home should be.We panicked. Luckily it was Sunday and there were hardly any cars on the streets. It was also lucky, that instead in front of the open door he expected, Tino found himself in front of a high wall. He got confused, his usual world had gone quite wrong, things weren´t were they were expected to be. He hesitated and I could catch him. He gave me a simple look "I hope you will set things right again". He remained snuggled on my arm, so quiet, that he didn´t noticed when the nurse dexterously applied the shot.
    But, once home, it took more than a week, before he ventured into the garden again.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Loved the idea, cacian. Don´t have cats any more but I´ll try to remember some of their stories.

I remember the first time "Tino" trusted in me. He still lived with his cat family by a neighbor. In August there used to be free shots against rabbies, so we took the whole bunch to the church nearby, one voyage by car to the church nearby, for each cat. When Tinos turn came he simply escaped and ran in the direction, where he supposed his home should be.We panicked. Luckily it was Sunday and there were hardly any cars on the streets. It was also lucky, that instead in front of the open door he expected, Tino found himself in front of a high wall. He got confused, his usual world had gone quite wrong, things weren´t were they were expected to be. He hesitated and I could catch him. He gave me a simple look "I hope you will set things right again". He remained snuggled on my arm, so quiet, that he didn´t noticed when the nurse dexterously applied the shot.
    But, once home, it took more than a week, before he ventured into the garden again.
    Aww loving Tino already. He sounds like a real character.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    He was! (Couldn´t upload his picture)
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

He was! (Couldn´t upload his picture)
    aww shame. haha.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    There he is. I had to make some changes in the picture:

Tino 5.jpg

Blog Entries
    Beautiful kitty.

Well...

• Rosie is still an indoor/outdoor kitty due to Tinker Bell's bullying, but she is behaving much better as far as we can tell in using the cat box. I had to train her by keeping her in the bathroom, locked in, with her own cat box at night for quite some time; she's now acclimated and a good kitty. We still worry for her during the day as we have many, many predators out here in the country... AND worry for the birds she predates upon, especially California Quail (though lately she's only been gifting us with dead rodents).
    Her most endearing habit is to reach up and lightly touch me with her paw while I'm on my laptop to get attention. She's affectionate only to a point.
    • Tinker Bell, our youngest kitty (about 1-yr old) is a big mostly black kitty weighing in at 17 lbs (7.7+ kg). At first glance he's all black, but there are nuances to his coloration that are absolutely beautiful. Again, a bit of a bully toward Rosie... but Taffy Doodles will have none of it. Over-all to his human family he is very affectionate... especially towards me. Indoor kitty only. He has the most endearing mew, as does Rosie.
    • Taffy Doodles, our oldest kitty (16+ yrs old), is also an indoor kitty only and is the most clingy kitty of the three and sleeps with or on us in bed at night. He's also the most vocal... caterwauling at whim, he'll squeak if picked up.
    • Thumper/Bumper (take your pick) is our indoor bunny rabbit. Tinker Bell will visit him on occasion and isn't mean to him (anymore). He likes bits of banana and apple and store bought bunny treats, but we have to be careful not to overdo his snacks. If I go up to him and say "Thumpies!" he'll nibble my hand affectionately and wait for his treat.
    • Maya... a dog (I love other peoples' dogs). Maya is a German Shepherd stray from a few months (7?) ago that my wife adopted, but lives with my sister-in-law, on the adjacent 10+ acre parcel since we have cats. There are (2) 10+ acre plots that contain my household (2), my daughter's household (currently (4)), and my sister-in-law's household (1) all within a few hundred feet of each other. Maya loves to run off unfortunately. She is very happy to be around Chewy (Chewbacca), my daughter/grand-daugther's Heintz 57 breed dog, and my sister-in-law's long hair (over-weight) German Shepherd Kona. Maya was cut severely recently by something, a long and deep slash that our vet thinks was by a deer hoof, but is fully recovering. She is very affectionate and not territorial like Kona (pronounced Kona by me but Koña by others) and Chewy. She likes to jump up on everybody.
    • Horses (maybe 20+ over the years)/donkey/cow/raccoon/goat/etc./etc. have all gone on to their heavenly reward: Tara being the last horse a few years ago. All-in-all we've had maybe 30+ kitties over the 30 yrs. or so here on the properties... mostly outdoor kitties and maybe 30+ dogs (my in-laws used to breed Malamutes and Shiba Inus).
    • Every time my wife thinks about getting another pet/animal I half-halfheartedly threaten her with starting a tarantula farm (she hates spiders)... hasn't worked yet

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

There he is. I had to make some changes in the picture:

Tino 5.jpg
    oh wow soooo cute haha thank you for the pic.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    Thanks, tailor and cacian. In 2008 Tino was already a respectable 12 year old senior cat.

Tailor,

I was very sorry for Tara, when I read that she died, but I´m sure she had a regal old age.

I like Rosie best from your cats maybe because she is the least lucky. All would be ROSIE but for that darned Tinker Bell (or Belle?). But I love black cats specially, take a look at my majestic Babalú:

Babalú.jpg

I suppose Taffy Doodles regards his humans as primary sources of food and warmth.

And I´m glad Mr Bumper & Thumper enjoys perfect health and overcame his youthful preference for telephone cables.

Blog Entries
    Babalú is very beautiful and regal.

Yes, Taffy Doodles is our "food buddy". I often have to close him in our bedroom when I snack or have a meal lest he pester.

Tinker Bell: we thought he was a she when we took "her" to be spade/neutered, so Tinker Belle was actually a Tinker Bell. He's been naughty lately digging in a house plant that my wife keeps leaving accessible to him from Mothers' Day. He got into my Shamrock Plant once (not good for kitties to eat!) and left only stalks... it did come back after time but is now fully out of reach. (It was out of reach then, but somehow a box got too close to where the plant was so he could lean over and feast.)

Thumper/Bumper still nibbles cables/cords when he wanders out of his enclosure, I've lost count of what he's gotten into (lol).

Maya chewed my sister-in-law's TV remote to pieces recently (replacement arrived the other day from Amazon). I'm not going to bother to ask my sister-in-law to reimburse me since it was my wife's dog that did the deed, but if she does... cool. Maya chews everything if left out: phones/clothes/shoes... I think it's just out of boredom. My Daughter/Grand-daughter's dog Chewie went through a long phase of living up to his name but finally grew out of it after much damage.

Tara, sigh, miss her terribly. We have allowed a neighbor to graze (4) of their horses in one of our pastures recently. (edit: added photo)

Horses 100k.jpg

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 05-20-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Babalú, alas, was my black queen. She disappeared one day, and was never seen more.

Your animals must all be adorable, albeit a bit naughty, sometimes. It was a nice idea to open the empty pastures to neighbor horses. So they can graze and you are "visited" by them.

I don´t have cats any more. And a catless home feels very empty, sometimes.