Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Corunavirus Journal

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A new, cheaper and less invasive Corona test that was developed here in Brazil. The patient collects the material him/herself, by spitting into the collector:
    https://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/en/...-test-covid-19
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Probably a good alternative for the corona flu test.

My brother described the test as feeling like, "having soda shot up his nose" - he was really shook up and traumatised. Additionally he suffered other effects included nasal discomfort, headache, earache, and rhinorrhea, which lasted a couple of days.

Just warning readers about what happens, quite a bit with the invasive test.

Thanks Danik.
    Last edited by tonywalt; 09-16-2020 at 12:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thatīs very invasive indeed, Tony. I hope your brother tested negative after all this.

Here in São Paulo people queue up at the drive-through when free PCR tests are offered. Tests here are still much to few and the results sometimes take a lot of time. They are not at all automatic as they seem to be in the USA. Thatīs why the researchers developed this other test. Unfortunately these test are subjected to a lot of issues until they can be put to use.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    They are not at all automatic as they seem to be in the USA.
    ... not automatic, still unsatisfactory delays for most if you can get a test. The current state of affairs re: Covid-19 in the USA would easily remind one of circus clowns capering about under the Big Top.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    • "A Brazilian City (Manaus) may gave had enough COVID-19 cases to reach herd immunity"... https://futurism.com/neoscope/brazil...-herd-immunity.

• The President of the United States, Donald Trump, and his wife, Melania Trump, test positive for COVID-19 after finding out Hope Hicks, President Trump's aide, tested positive.

tailor
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 10-02-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Hope Hicks
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    They'll both be fine. I am happy to see Law and Order restored many of the US states. I travel a lot to Chicago and hated to see that kind of behaviour, which is deplorable. The national guard did such a great job.

Blog Entries
    I think they will get well quickly, because they probably have first rate medical aid.

As for Manaus, that possibility of herd immunity is often mentioned here and not only for Manaus, but nothing is sure as yet.

The good news: Brazil has sunken from an average of 1000 deaths daily to about 800 or less!

Blog Entries
    Update on Cayman: All is well here! I think you are right about the president, and this will likely work in his favour. Always look ahead in the game of life. He does. We do, too. I am feeling very positive and look forward to a prosperous and orderly future.
    Last edited by tonywalt; 10-02-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    I was amused and touched at this NY Times article about safe choir rehearsals during corona. Itīs very simple. All you need is some cars, a quiet street to park them, wireless radios (please read exact description in the article or watch it in the first video, some musical equipment and here we go. Alternatively some of the singers or musicians can stay in their rooms with the wireless radio:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/a...034f35b9c22796

https://artsongcentral.com/2020/sett...ant-rehearsal/

Blog Entries
    Safe Choir Rehearsals during Corona

I was amused and touched at this NY Times article about safe choir rehearsals during corona. Itīs very simple. All you need is some cars, a quiet street to park them, wireless radios (please read exact description in the article or watch it in the first video, some musical equipment and here we go. Alternatively some of the singers or musicians can stay in their rooms with the wireless radio:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/a...034f35b9c22796

https://artsongcentral.com/2020/sett...ant-rehearsal/

Blog Entries
    Some Brazilian quarantine choirs (basically exploring the possibilities of Zoom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoLB7yc2aQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG6PcSbxWc4

Blog Entries
    Just reminding that this is an unusual year. Here are suggestions for a virtual Thanksgiving and I think the same goes for the following end of the year festivities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/t...034f35b9c22796

Blog Entries
    No choir rehearsals for us (sigh) and California is issuing evening curfews soon for a minimum of 1-month for the great majority of the state. Church services will most likely be home-based again after several months of modified services at our church. Bible study in our church building has been given the kibosh (studied John's Revelation chapters 11 - 13 just last night), and Family Home Evening (Mondays) for we empty-nesters is up in the air right now. Our county had been doing so well in our little corner of the world but cases are up and becoming more local (schools).

Zoom is being considered for church services... I don't know if zoom for Thanksgiving would be a good family fit for us; I don't even like video calls. Football and other pro sports have lost their lustre on the telly for me. Still looking forward to turkey, et al, with fewer family members than usual... maybe 9 ?.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    I think California is on the right track, choirs might be mortal at this point. Just some months more of patience, I believe things will get better there.

I hope there will be turkey for those that celebrate Thanksgiving, but not crowded celebrations. The Brazilian turkey graces the table at Christmas, but I donīt expect Christmas celebrations this year.

Blog Entries
    Important link, hope you get into it.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/h...034f35b9c22796

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast