Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corunavirus Journal

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In midst of all serious news, one that sounds comic:
    "The Brazilian witches have postponed their yearly encounter because of Covid-19: 'Stay at home and keep safe- You can watch our rites in the internet."
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Haha. Needs must put away their broomstick.

Here we have animals coming into town because no people on the streets, or cars on the road.

I saw a picture yesterday of sheep gathered outside a closed Macdonald's in Wales.

Blog Entries
    Not my kind of music but I liked the video, very illustrative of quarantine times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE49...ature=emb_logo
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Enjoyed the two links.

My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile (400 meters) away out here in rural California, so I'm fortunate there. However, as the primary caregiver for a friend of mine I need to take him to all his doctor's appointments, do his shopping, etc., so I'm out in the wild to an extent. Our county and the neighboring county here in the Gold Country where I live/travel/shop/etc have had minimal infections, let alone deaths, so I/we wear masks when we are out amongst the population.

Today prior to a doctor appointment my friend was scanned (they scan everybody when one enters the building) with an infra-red device and read at 105° F (40.5° C)... luckily they took an oral reading as well which showed normal (we had just been in an enclosed black car in very warm sunny weather for this time of the season). I'm most fearful when we do these doctor visits, about once a week, so I do the hand sanitizer/wash hands as often as possible... unfortunately the hand sanitizer is next to worthless since it's the type without alcohol (it's impossible to find the good stuff) but supposedly better than nothing as we are told (lol). I try to ignore that fact that the virus is also aerosol and accessible to eye infection (sigh).

TP is making a resurgence in the box stores now with a little getting to our rural area. We got down to a 2-week supply before I started getting nervous. My habit was to buy on Amazon a 2-month supply of TP (one box of double rolls)... but that supply disappeared as soon as hoarding overtook society. Still no good hand sanitizer.

California is now beginning phase-2 of scaling back on restrictions... the populi is growing weary of the politics and half-truths. As a social engineering experiment gone awry, as I see it, I've found it interesting to experience but do not care to endure for the rest of my natural life. This virus is going nowhere in my assessment and big-pharma's approach is the old same'ol same'ol... hoping for a miracle

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    The good news is that there is little virus circulation in your area. The ideal thing would be that you could be replaced at least for the medical appointments by a person outside the special risk population as long as pandaemic lasts.. The risk is not only yours, as you live with your family at the same place.

As for the hand sanitizers they don´t seem to be worth very much if they don´t contain alcohol 60%(USA)-70% (Brazil). The best thing, they say, is still washing one´s hands for about 20 seconds with soap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPLgsV_Ms3Q

Sequel below as I´m having posting difficulties again.

Blog Entries
    Two useful pandeamia links:

1-A small list of online suppliers in US:

https://www.businessinsider.com/wher...t-paper-online

2-https://www.rwjf.org/en/blog/2020/03/a-happy-habit-of-healthy-handwashing.html

Blog Entries
    Love Neil Diamond's new lyrics.

The prices listed for TP makes me weep... the gold standard for me has always been 25 cents US per roll for 2-ply.

Correcting the link https://www.rwjf.org/en/blog/2020/03...ndwashing.html ... I'm an avid hand washer; still singing the Happy Birthday song twice (or more) when scrubbing.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Maybe the Mexican site from Amazon helps.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/s?k=alcoho...b_sb_ss_i_2_14

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Interesting study. I'd be interested in seeing a larger sample as a follow-up from other hot-bed clusters. Our county (El Dorado) in California is becoming more open... masks are becoming fewer and fewer.

Be safe, the slanted news we receive here about S.P. is grim... praying.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Hearty thanks for your prayers, tailor, we sure need them . They want to introduce stage two in São Paulo, although numbers are rising fastly. I don´t know were we are going to land.
    This is what I found about California:
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/...rn-california/

https://laist.com/2020/05/20/coronav...e-can-i-go.php

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/....html#hotspots

Is seems that the worst is over in California. Even so caution is recommended, because there might be a second wave. I"ll remain as much at home as necessary, wear my mask and keep the social distance.

Blog Entries
    Lots of good information. Yes, I believe there will be a resurgence. After reading about S.P. recently I don't see how you could possibly be ready for Stage 2 ??? Must be the liberal news up this way. Our church leaders have yet to allow us to worship in our ward buildings, but many of us have been prepared for times like these and have been observing services at home.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    I believe here in São Paulo there are economical and political issues at play. This is an year of elections. But after a lot of criticism they are being a bit more careful now and extending the quarantine until 06/15.
    You certainly miss your church service, but you probably have this service on line, only it´s not your church of Garden Valley. It might help. I also hope your ministrant writes in Facebook for his flock. Something like Abraham did on LitNet, remember him?

Blog Entries
    Yes, I remember Abraham , I often read his posts.

"economical and political issues": same here ... lots of misdirection, social disinformation, and social engineering being attempted IMHO. I'll be putting a number of my fb friends on 30-day silences as the political silly season heats up (lol). Glad your leaders are moderating their pace.

Lots of faith-based opportunities available for me: I'm one of the moderators on our church fb page and participate on the multi-faith fb "Worldwide Unified" prayer group (may have incorrectly identified this page previously). I attend FHE (Family Home Evening) gospel study on Monday evenings and observe the Sabbath on Sunday with home worship and service... and continued service throughout the week. Our church has a curriculum that is individual & family based called "Come, Follow Me" that most in my faith study throughout the week... and with all that I do miss meeting in our Ward (worship building) terribly (not in Garden Valley, but nearby). Our church leaders are studying the best ways to return to "normalcy" within the constraints of the pandemic and State and Federal laws. (edit: Choir may be severely curtailed or cancelled until things return to normal)

Be well, be safe.

tailor
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 06-01-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Choir
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you have a lot of opportunities for religious communication, that must help a lot. I guess the choir will have to wait some more. And people saying nonsense on social nets is unfortunately very usual.
    I think the next month may be decisive for my country. Yesterday, something unusual happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQD96kPVfw0

The unusual element about it. The above are not the usual political groups. They are the fan clubs of the most popular football teams of São Paulo, who usually war against each other, who united and went into the street in spite of corona.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast