Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Corunavirus Journal

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    A carnivore after my own heart Wolf.

Sorry about the view. It reminded me of a need for better vistas as written in the following lines by Addison.

"For wheresoer I turn my ravished eyes,
    Gay gilded scenes and shining prospects rise;
    Poetic fields encompass me around,
    And still I seem to tread on classic ground."

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Hi Danik

I'm fine thanks, although my daughter caught omicron. She has recovered now though.

I heard somewhere last week that one of the biggest attributes of this pandemic was emptiness.

I must confess that pre-pandemic I poo pooed all those that were talking about their mental health; almost as if it were something fashionable to say, ( a bit like one's human rights.) But then we are all built different. I had: my books, music, writing & cooking. Most of my adult life was spent working overseas without family. So self isolation was not a problem.

I'm more sympathetic now. For those that have little in the way of mental, spiritual, or creative aspects in their lives, the mental strain has been too much.

Stay well and I hope all is well your end.

Best regards
    M.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    A carnivore after my own heart Wolf.

Sorry about the view. It reminded me of a need for better vistas as written in the following lines by Addison.

"For wheresoer I turn my ravished eyes,
    Gay gilded scenes and shining prospects rise;
    Poetic fields encompass me around,
    And still I seem to tread on classic ground."
    Thank you. I like the poem. In fact I love the poem! Thanks again.
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad.

Stay safe.
    M.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    I follow Brazil closely. It is one of my favorite countries in the world. I speak fluent Portuguese, or use to. I think, if I remember right, you live in the center of the Brazilian universe: São Paulo. I'm sure that while it is challenging to live in São Paulo, it is absolutely wonderful with comedians & artists & everything else. However, right now it must be very very challenging to live in São Paulo. I'm currently living in the American Midwest, and I cannot believe how close minded these people are! Since I grew up in the Midwest I should be used to it, but after getting out a bit in the world, it gets rather, well.. Never mind... What am I babbling on about anyway?
    Thanks for your kind words on Brazil, Wolf. But it has changed a lot I think.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    Hi Danik

I'm fine thanks, although my daughter caught omicron. She has recovered now though.

I heard somewhere last week that one of the biggest attributes of this pandemic was emptiness.

I must confess that pre-pandemic I poo pooed all those that were talking about their mental health; almost as if it were something fashionable to say, ( a bit like one's human rights.) But then we are all built different. I had: my books, music, writing & cooking. Most of my adult life was spent working overseas without family. So self isolation was not a problem.

I'm more sympathetic now. For those that have little in the way of mental, spiritual, or creative aspects in their lives, the mental strain has been too much.

Stay well and I hope all is well your end.

Best regards
    M.
    Hi, Mani
    I´m glad that your dauther recovered from omicron and that things are looking better in UK.
    Let´s hope 2022 will bring us all good news about getting rid of this plague!
    Stay well!
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Thanks for your kind words on Brazil, Wolf. But it has changed a lot I think.
    I noticed the changes in Brazil my last time there. The changes were not good. Religious zealots were protesting outside Carnaval, calling it... Oh nevermind.

Why does America have to export all of its diseases?

Brazil already had enough problems, without American Puritans going down there to preach the ... You know.

I probably can't say more than that. There's probably some rule.

I miss so much the Brazil I remember. The Brazil of my youth. The Brazil of the 1990s through 2000 and something, well, until the American Puritans arrived and spread their disease.

That freedom of Brazil back in the day influenced me a lot. It influenced my writing. The drums of Salvador, Brazil influenced my writing a lot too.

You can talk to people in Brazil. You can't just talk to people in the Midwest of the USA. It doesn't matter whether it's blue state or red state, all these Midwesterners are the same.
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Blog Entries
    Took a home COVID test just after midnight here in the Gold Country. It's positive.

Wednesday started with a scratchy throat. Thursday escalated to sore throat/coughs/headache/muscle aches (especially my thighs)/tiredness. Son-in-Law tested positive on Monday (he works at a health care facility). Wife exhibiting same symptoms, but hasn't tested yet. So... since its almost 1:00 am Friday here I'll try to get some sleep somehow after reading some posts. Friday morning ~ 9am I'll contact my health care provider and get instructions on what/how/where/when.

I am current with shot & boosters so this is somewhat of a surprise.

Praying all y'all are well and I'll try to keep you posted.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    So sorry to read that. I wish you and your family members a quick and complete recovery.

It seems that now all the careful people, those that took all the shoots and avoided agglomerations are getting it. In the German Literature Forum at least 5 from the more o less 10 active members got it. In my other forum two or three people got it. The good news is that it is a light version and they all recovered more or less quickly without internment in the hospital.

I suppose the main thing is staying at home, keeping a quarantine of X days and making other tests. But I think, your health provider will you advise you and your wife about the quarantine and other precautions to take. Remember to mention to him if you or she have any chronical illnesses.

It´s good to drink a lot of liquid and, if possible eat fresh fruit and vegetables.

And when you can, drop a line to tell us how you are.

Blog Entries
    Had the sweats in the am on Friday... Headache went away in the afternoon, but my lungs are feeling a little heavy. Sore throat and a little coughing that throat lozenges seem to be helping. My daughter and son-in-law are also sick... as well as my doctor and his family. Using the advice from my daughter I went outside in the sunshine and took a brief walk. Lots of rest otherwise.

Be well.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Get well soon tailor. Family as well.

There is a new Omicron 5 or 6 ? going about at the moment which is apparently more virulent.

But thanks for the heads up. I've had 4 shots, which has made me a bit lax with precautions. Now will tighten up.

Best wishes.
    M.

Blog Entries
    Thanx MANICHAEAN... Can't keep up with the Greek alphabet soup of virulences myself. Just a side note, the world record for alphabetizing alphabet soup was just beaten... https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Be well.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Hi tailor and Mani

Seems the former careful people are getting it now because the many shots convey a false sense of security. This virus is very treacherous.
    I found this link with orientations:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...when-sick.html
    I hope you get good orientation even if your doctor is ill, tailor.
    I guess special attention must be given to breathing and lungs. And force yourself a bit to eat (choose food you like).
    Wishing you a quick and complete recovery!
    Stay well, Many!

Blog Entries
    Saturday was a repeat of Friday... breathing just a bit more labored... still coughing. Odd that taste and smell not affected in the least... no fever. Spent some more time outdoors and got in another short walk.

My 13-yr old grandson however did get COVID too on Saturday... his temp topped at 103 degrees Fahrenheit Saturday and is on the way down.

We had the perfect conditions for COVID laxness - the County Fair opened, which my daughter/husband/grandson attended, and Father's Day last Sunday where the extended family got together.

My wife is still hanging in there, as is her sister who also lives on the compound. With only 1-kidney my wife is high risk so praying and hoping for her.

Also my Granddaughter and her husband also got COVID - but they live in Hawaii. So, yeah, I would recommend greater diligence.

Just now my stomach is gurgling and in some discomfort after some hot chocolate... hoping it's nothing

Be well.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    That you haven't lost the sense of smell and taste is fine! Also that you don´t have any fever. But I think you must be attentive about your breathing and the lungs. I hope you are being well instructed.
    And your wife needs extra careful attention.
    Hoping and praying for all of you to get better.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast