Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Results 136 to 142 of 142

Thread: Corunavirus Journal

  1. #136
    MANICHAEAN MANICHAEAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Posts
    2,823
    Blog Entries
    1
    A carnivore after my own heart Wolf.

    Sorry about the view. It reminded me of a need for better vistas as written in the following lines by Addison.

    "For wheresoer I turn my ravished eyes,
    Gay gilded scenes and shining prospects rise;
    Poetic fields encompass me around,
    And still I seem to tread on classic ground."

  2. #137
    MANICHAEAN MANICHAEAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Posts
    2,823
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi Danik

    I'm fine thanks, although my daughter caught omicron. She has recovered now though.

    I heard somewhere last week that one of the biggest attributes of this pandemic was emptiness.

    I must confess that pre-pandemic I poo pooed all those that were talking about their mental health; almost as if it were something fashionable to say, ( a bit like one's human rights.) But then we are all built different. I had: my books, music, writing & cooking. Most of my adult life was spent working overseas without family. So self isolation was not a problem.

    I'm more sympathetic now. For those that have little in the way of mental, spiritual, or creative aspects in their lives, the mental strain has been too much.

    Stay well and I hope all is well your end.

    Best regards
    M.

  3. #138
    The Wolf of Larsen WolfLarsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Creating a new universe
    Posts
    1,925
    Blog Entries
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    A carnivore after my own heart Wolf.

    Sorry about the view. It reminded me of a need for better vistas as written in the following lines by Addison.

    "For wheresoer I turn my ravished eyes,
    Gay gilded scenes and shining prospects rise;
    Poetic fields encompass me around,
    And still I seem to tread on classic ground."
    Thank you. I like the poem. In fact I love the poem! Thanks again.
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

  4. #139
    MANICHAEAN MANICHAEAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Posts
    2,823
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm so glad.

    Stay safe.
    M.

  5. #140
    On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Beyond nowhere
    Posts
    7,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    I follow Brazil closely. It is one of my favorite countries in the world. I speak fluent Portuguese, or use to. I think, if I remember right, you live in the center of the Brazilian universe: São Paulo. I'm sure that while it is challenging to live in São Paulo, it is absolutely wonderful with comedians & artists & everything else. However, right now it must be very very challenging to live in São Paulo. I'm currently living in the American Midwest, and I cannot believe how close minded these people are! Since I grew up in the Midwest I should be used to it, but after getting out a bit in the world, it gets rather, well.. Never mind... What am I babbling on about anyway?
    Thanks for your kind words on Brazil, Wolf. But it has changed a lot I think.
    #Stay home as much as you can and stay well

  6. #141
    On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Beyond nowhere
    Posts
    7,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    Hi Danik

    I'm fine thanks, although my daughter caught omicron. She has recovered now though.

    I heard somewhere last week that one of the biggest attributes of this pandemic was emptiness.

    I must confess that pre-pandemic I poo pooed all those that were talking about their mental health; almost as if it were something fashionable to say, ( a bit like one's human rights.) But then we are all built different. I had: my books, music, writing & cooking. Most of my adult life was spent working overseas without family. So self isolation was not a problem.

    I'm more sympathetic now. For those that have little in the way of mental, spiritual, or creative aspects in their lives, the mental strain has been too much.

    Stay well and I hope all is well your end.

    Best regards
    M.
    Hi, Mani
    I´m glad that your dauther recovered from omicron and that things are looking better in UK.
    Let´s hope 2022 will bring us all good news about getting rid of this plague!
    Stay well!
    #Stay home as much as you can and stay well

  7. #142
    The Wolf of Larsen WolfLarsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Creating a new universe
    Posts
    1,925
    Blog Entries
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Thanks for your kind words on Brazil, Wolf. But it has changed a lot I think.
    I noticed the changes in Brazil my last time there. The changes were not good. Religious zealots were protesting outside Carnaval, calling it... Oh nevermind.

    Why does America have to export all of its diseases?

    Brazil already had enough problems, without American Puritans going down there to preach the ... You know.

    I probably can't say more than that. There's probably some rule.

    I miss so much the Brazil I remember. The Brazil of my youth. The Brazil of the 1990s through 2000 and something, well, until the American Puritans arrived and spread their disease.

    That freedom of Brazil back in the day influenced me a lot. It influenced my writing. The drums of Salvador, Brazil influenced my writing a lot too.

    You can talk to people in Brazil. You can't just talk to people in the Midwest of the USA. It doesn't matter whether it's blue state or red state, all these Midwesterners are the same.
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Similar Threads

  1. The Journal
    By DickZ in forum General Writing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:33 AM
  2. A Journal?
    By Matt the Man in forum General Writing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 11:52 PM
  3. The journal...............
    By Terri in forum Walden
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 06:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •