Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Corunavirus Journal

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, tailor

PLEASE SEE PM!

"Talk to your health care provider about available treatment options if you have COVID-19. Your provider will know the best option for you, based on your symptoms, risks, and health history."

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...h%20COVID%2D19.
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 06-26-2022 at 11:11 AM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    lol... just lost an entire post. Trying to recreate it:

... as per my last post my stomach pain got much worse very quickly and I thought I was having a heart episode so I hooked up my Blood Pressure cuff and was going to test when I did throw up (bucket was ready just in case), and to my chagrin started my BP test by accident. My results get sent to my health care provider immediately and I receive a conformation text via messaging. It sent out a 200/117 reading at 3:58 a.m. at the height of my discomfort and when I retested a more normal 131/77 at 4:48 a.m.

5 of 6 of us here on the compound have gotten sick with COVID my sister-in-law defying the odds (so far).
    My 13-yr old grandson's fever is under 100 degrees Fahrenheit now, which is awesome since he's the only one who never got a COVID shot nor booster (pre-existing health concerns). My daughter and son-in-law have gone back to work... another plus

Thanks for the PM and information. My wife did get COVID and coincidently yesterday got the FDA approved IV unpronounceable cocktail since she's high risk. Holding up ok for now.

Me: Feeling blah - I'm still coughing a bit and a little phlemmy... breathing just a little labored. I'll test later tonight as I need to go into "town" to go to the bank and pick up a prescription tomorrow (Friday). Internet and wifi have been very unreliable so a little sunshine and watering the plants to keep active and resting mostly. If I test positive again I will contact my health care provider for more instructions.

Be well,

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Hang in there buddy.

There must surely be a turning point.

Best wishes.
    M.

Blog Entries
    Thanx MANICHAEAN !

Took a short break from writing (some napping too I guess) and took the home COVID test again around 3:00 am and made myself a double cocoa while I endured the 15 minutes mandatory wait for the test to reveal...

Ugh ! - Positive again Well, at least I feel up to driving to the "big city" of Auburn, California for further evaluation at my providers clinic. It will be a curbside visit: I park and call the office... they come out after their prep with full PPE and will retest and take vitals and advise. Had I been a betting person I would have bet I was clear... shows how treacherous this bl**dy disease is (shows how lousy I am at gambling).

Wife's having her usual bad night with pain... I'm hoping to hit bed by 6:00 a.m. - so prolly a noonish jaunt to the clinic.

(sigh)

Be well, and don't take this disease for granted.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Negative ! My COVID test at the clinic was negative.

O2 test above 95%/Oral thermometer 98.x degrees Fahrenheit. Care giver ordered Albuterol for my breathing ( https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682145.html ) to be picked up today. That means I can go out in public as long as I wear a mask for the first 5-days Of course, if any deleterious COVID symptoms do come on I need to go to the ER... but that's ok ! Definitely puts a spring in my step... celebrated with 2-chili/cheese beef hot dogs at Der Weinerschnitzel

Be well,

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Feeling much better My wife's latest COVID test came out negative the other day

Yesterday I get an email from a poetess acquaintance of mine that I may have been exposed again (oi!) . So, I read up on this latest variant and sure enough multiple infections may occur (grrrrrrr), and that the more one develops each sickness the more damage is done to the body. I was wearing a mask during this poetic event, as was she at the time... So, remaining hopeful nothing comes of it.

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    double
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 07-09-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Congrats to your wife! I hope she is recovering and you too. I was told that the result of the tests depends very much on the moment it was taken, therefore the need of repetition. This virus is very treacherous. One canīt be too careful even with the vaccine. Presently I am going out only when necessary to buy things, because the numbers have been going up again.

If your internet were better you could held poetry meetings on line, via Zoom or similar, until this Covid wave in Garden Valley subsides.

And I`m sure you are all monitoring yourself with the necessary tests and medical advise(hopefully your doctor is well again).

Take good care of yourself!

Blog Entries
    Current COVID strain (there is a newer not yet so prevalent strain out though)...

https://www.businessinsider.com/expe...fection-2022-7

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link, tailor. One loses track of all those variants. Hopefully they will soon create a one year vaccine.

As it is, the vaccines have already worked wonders.

Take good care of you!

Blog Entries
    Thanx.... and all y'all !

"Bora! Vam bora!" -
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...t-to-the-world

tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks, tailor! This is absolutely amazing! Never a word about it in the Brazilian press and Fiocruz is our first public national premier agency for vaccine research and development.

Bora!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011