Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master's Thesis

joss whedon

the book

I don't think any filmed version has come close to the greatness of this book. In fact, I've wondered why the films weren't truer to the book, which could be filmed practically excatly as written, it is so exultantly cinematic. I've read it more than ten times since I was a child, and it holds new wonder for me each time. It's been an influence in my own writings more than I'd guessed. By the way, the edition with illustrations by Ethel Franklin Bettes is by far the best -- they are wonderfully evocative paintings, particularly the one of Sarah looking out at the birds. It really is my very favorite book. The movies -- bah!

Riem Bezant

A Little Princess

Hi, my name is Riem and I watched the Little Princess today on tv and I loved it. I cried so many times and it was so touching. I have read just about all of Francis Hodgsen Burnett's books and if she was still here, I wish that she could have written more. Bye!

Charlotte

the movie

I absolutly loved the movie! Its a real feel good movie and has a sense of magic.<br>I thought ms minchen was a real b@#!#, and loved the ending.<br>I always cry at the ending no matter how many times ive watched it!<br>I rate this 11 out of 10!

Julie

No Subject

This is probably the best book I have ever read. I loved it so much, and I have read it more than once, often doing reports on it for school, etc. I actually just finished reading it for the milliionth time last evening, and wow...i can never get over how good it is. The chracters are realistic, and it is very well written. I have probavbly watched the movie just about as many times as I've read the book, and it never compares to the work of art the book is. This is one book I recommend to everyone, no matter what their age may be. Mille Bisous, Julie

Princess

No Subject

Although the million times i have watched the movie i still cry everytime it is such a touching story!

Jane

No Subject

I saw the movie and the book and the movie was great touching and all that but it never came close to the greatness of the book. I am trying to read all of Francis Hodgson Burnett's books but the movies aren't half so good. They could be much better if they stuck to the book more. It is my opinion that a movie can never be as great as a book because in a book there is more an imaginitive side to it then just viewing and you can see the characters feelings in a book. There are down sides to a book to of course like the fact that in a movie you can clearly see the whole thing and you don't have to memorize a page or worry about your bookmark falling out. Of course during both if you are thinking about something else then you don't get the full impact of a scene/chapter. This is my opinion CU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith

a little princess

Id just like to comment that the movie was great. Its a really touching story about an orphan girl that always makes me cry at the end, no matter how many times i watch it.<br>I havn't read the book yet, so i cant compare it to the movie.<br>Congratulations to the makers of that movie and esp. the actors/actresses

Katie

the book

Hi, my name is Katie. i just recently read the book for a school book report. i had already seen the movie and i thought it was pretty good. but when i read the book i saw what other people see. other people see that the book is always beter in one way or another, than the movie, i never really thought much about that until i read the book. 'A little Princes' was heart worming story! i remember that i would be reading it before i would go to school and my mom would have to tell me that i had to stop and finish it another time cause once i would start to read it i would get so wraped up in it that i couldn't stop! i loved reading the book and i think that no mader who reads it, young or old, i garenty that you will be a tuched as i was by this wounderfull story<br> 'A Little Princess'

Amanda

Great Movie

I saw the movie on t.v. and it made me cry so much. It is sad that she had to go through. LIke how she thought her father was dead and then he didn't remember her at first. That would brake my heart if my father didn't remember me. Then she had to become a servant because she couldn't pay, that was really mean and Ms. Minchen didn't even show the least bit of sympathy when she told her that her father died. I am only half way through the book so I can't compare it that well.

lol

Book v. Film? No contest!

When I was much younger, "A Little Princess" was my favourite book. I was delighted when the film version came out, but horrified when I actually saw it. It was a good film but the director messed with the book far too much for me to truly love it. I greatly hope that he doesn't wreck his next book-to-movie film - the third Harry Potter.<br>What this review comes down to is that the ideals of this book are timeless - I love it as much now at age 19 as I did when I first read it at age 9. My reading tastes have moved on greatly, but I still love it and know that those reading this review would love it too. As long as you can use your imagination.

Star

No Subject

My class has to read a book once a month and do a project!Our teacher always says to find a book that fits your personality,well I had to find one from home and I found and older gift which was the book A Little Princess!I was like this is going to be a major pain but I have to read something,so I read it and to my surprise I LOVED it!I wish that people could be more like Sara,I am now trying to be more like a princess!!I love this book I am going to rent the movie too!

Susana

No Subject

I read the book, and sow the movie, it was great.<br>you should read the book & see the movie too, don't miss it, you will love it!

Hello, everyone,
    I also truly love the book. And I think it is ten times better than the movie version I have seen with Liam Cunningham. It weren´t the actors but the scriptwriter changed the plot in very essential ways. What a pity!

Greetings
    Dixon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12