Thread: review positive

susan d.

review positive

This book is timeless, and though I first read it at 14 yrs. old, I have read it again at 36, enjoyed it and learned from it, and SO wish that these morals and principles existed more frequently in this fast and tainted age. Virtue, Love, Patience, and "Healthy living" are ageless remedies for the empty and false pleasures that the current age promises. Any young person reading this book (or any book by the author!), will glimpse a world that could be, and SHOULD be, and will deliver great happiness and satisfaction in life. I am not a prude, and have quite "lived" in this time, but sense the truth in these simple stories, that tell what kind of state a person can choose to live in, and prosper in soul and life, regardless of the age. For we are all human, and the tenents of humanity change seldom, regardless of the environment. We all choose our fate....

I agree with you!!! It is a timeless tale. It could be set among the rich of the day, and still carry the same plot, and meaning that Rose in Bloom does.

Does Rose In Bloom, or Eight Cousins come first. I think Eight Cousins does, but I may be wrong.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!