Thread: GREAT book

Vehred

Movies vs. musical.

Don't watch the movies; they don't do it credit. The Broadway musical, however, captures the very nature of it, along with even the smaller details. The production was not very popular (most likely due to its modesty, shich seems to be a declining trait in our culture), and it only lasted a year on stage. You can buy the soundtrack, as only the empowering music would be sufficient.

Dedunu

GREAT book

I'm a 14 year old in HS, going to be in 10th grade, and we had to do some summer assignments over the summer. One of them was to read Jane Eyre. I asked others who have already read it what it was like, and it was a 50/50 thing, half saying it stunk and others saying it was great. I was at first skeptical to read it, but when i started i couldn;t take my eyes off it. On my last day of reading i stayed up till 3am reading the very last words. It was an amazing book, and i love the way Charlotte Bronte describes the characters and feelings of Jane and Mr. Rochester. She gives it such passion and such emotion which makes it so great. Its definately a book worth reading and for all you out there who says it sucks, well you just missed out on a great book. Most people don;t enjoy reading books in class and when they dont understand something they hate it. I personally loved it and plan to watch a movie. I admire Jane for her courage and independent mind. =)