The Dark Side

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
  1. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    No, not this person. They hate the "book" and are thoroughly convinced that are a biological vampire. Flipping crazy stuff.
  2. Indyben
    Indyben
    Recently got into the horror genre. Making a slasher flick about bloody mary.
  3. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I just saw the movie Splice and it was pretty good. It was different than I thought it would be, but I thought that it was well done for the most part.

My only complaint is with the end which reminded me of the end of some Stephen King books, in which it feels as if the makers just began to get bored, or didn't really know where to go with it, and just wanted to throw something together to wrap it up.

The ending started to get a bit silly and over the top.
  4. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Yeah I've read books like that. A great mystery/ thriller where the author got bored and blamed it all on aliens in the third book.
  5. Armel P
    Armel P
    Yay to horror fans!

I watch so much horror it could be seen as unhealthy. Even bad horror. I'm even writing a horror script right now... or at least I'm trying to.

One thing I never got into, though, is horror literature. Though I did ready a Clive Barker book earlier this year called Mister B. Gone. It was enjoyable. I may read his Book of Blood collections.
  6. iamnobody
    iamnobody
    So, who are you are your favorite horror writers? (I'm talking to everyone) I'm a fan of Lovecraft and Poe. I like some of Stephen King's work, but it's far too hit and miss. Anyone want to recomend anything?
  7. Armel P
    Armel P
    Oh I just remembered horror literature that I love. The short story anthology series Borderlands, in particular 1 through 4. Very good stuff in there (and on the outside since Dave McKean did the cover artwork). They might be out of print though.
  8. drakemortuare13
    drakemortuare13
    I was a fan of King's for a while, but he gets way too graphic with teh sexual stuff. If he left most of that out, his works would be great!
  9. faithosaurus
    faithosaurus
    Straub sounds familiar..Oh! now I know why. I read Black House Which was written by both him and Stephen King.

Another good one I read - which really could either be interpreted as horror or not (it deals with rape and some twisted plots) - is Sleeping Beauty by Phillip Margolin.
  10. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Currently I am going through all of Lovecraft's work, I bought a master collection book.

During my absence I have read a ton of Steven King and a little by this guy called Charles Beumont. Anyone heard of him?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112