Peanut Allergries

1. rabid reader
    rabid reader
    My sister just came home from school today with a letter saying she is no longer permitting to eat anything with nuts in it 24hrs before going to school, because he breathe might kill someone with nut allergies. Is it just my imagination or has the allergy thing gotten a billion times worse then I was kid. How did it get this bad? It doesn't make any sense, everyone had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was a kid and more kids I knew died from bear attacks then anaphilactic shock. Lets assume that allergies have become some much more sensitive now then they were even 5 years ago, doesn't this suggest an evolutionary deficiency? Is it in the best interest for the species as a whole to coddle these children? I mean if they are only the second generation of allergies it would seem we are about 20 years away from having bubble children who cannot even think about breathing unfiltered air.
  2. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Good point, but a lot of health problems are being caused by too clean of air. Believe it or not, but in cleaner, higher class environments are more apt to get asthma. I guess it is the same situation here. Maybe not being in contact with certain pollens and not building immunities then makes things like allergies and asthma harder now.