Pre-Raphaelite Society

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
  1. Janine
    Janine
    goldenbee, welcome as well. I am glad PRB interests you, too; glad you found your posting. Just curious as to how this is showing up on everyone's computers. For me, the social group order changed considerably recently, when changes were made to this forum. Last post, used to show in the first page, with our names in the space above and our avatars or photos of paintings we posted. Now, one has to click twice or three times and get to the last page, showing the latest post - same set up now as regular threads. I liked the other method better personally, but then maybe I think backwards! Also, is there anyway we can post a photo in the space with the question mark (?) ? I don't like the look of the social groups now; most have ? in their square....seems kind of strange to me and uninviting.
  2. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    It has been a long time, thought it was time to revive this old group.

Joseph Noel Paton

3. jadrianne
    jadrianne
    Love the photos and the paintings of course . Edmund Leighton is my favourite painter .I especially love tha painting called ,,The accolade" .
  4. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Welcome to the group, yes Leighton is among my favorites. I really do like his work. Though Waterhouse has always been my top personal favorite.
  5. jadrianne
    jadrianne
    I can only assume that in the paintings above are represented Jeanne D'Arc and the Greek god Pan .Am I right?
  6. jadrianne
    jadrianne
    I'm new around here but I agree with Janine (although I don't know her at all ) : it's very difficult to find what you've posted and you have to go to the last page to find it .
  7. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Yes, I don't much care for this new arragement, that why it was when the social groups first started I acutally liked better.

And acutally it is Sir Galahad and Pan
  8. jadrianne
    jadrianne
    Yes you're right but it does resemble a bit to Jeanne D'Arc .
  9. jadrianne
    jadrianne
    My first visual contact so to speak with the Pre-Raphaelites was when I saw ,, Dying Young" with Campbell Scott and Julia Roberts . And let's not forget that in this movie they talk about Klimt ( whose works ressemble the Pre-Raphaelites' ones ) .
  10. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Yes at a glance it does look like a Joan of Arc.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122