Start off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Mine is "Achilles' Last Stand". I Love how epic it is! However, it had a close run with "Carouselambra". The synth nearly pulled me over to that one!
  2. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    ...... I'm having a conversation with myself, aren't I?
  3. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Yes you are and it is rather disturbing. Please stop.
  4. Jay
    Jay
    New meat here!

King, the first song by In Flames you posted did nothing at all for me but Cloud Connected is pretty cool, reminded me of Evanescence a few times (just couple of riffs at times, not the whole thing) and for some reason that I can't exactly pinpoint, Linkin Park. First impression only on first go. Here's the Evanescece song it reminded me of, see if you get where I'm coming from?

And lol, another In Flames song? So I take it you're an In Flames fan . The last song's ok but liked CC better.

So what about this, do you like?
    Rhapsody Of Fire - Dawn Of Victory \m/
  5. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    The lyrics kind of reminded me of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJONG2ILDro

So are you into the sort of power metal/ epic metal deal? Cool stuff, eh?
  6. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Oops. I nearly forgot this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8-eeQBiRac

UP THE IRONS!
  7. Jay
    Jay
    Yeah, usually if it's either power, symphonic, epic or mesh thereof I'm likely to like it. Think Nightwish, Epica, Within Temtation, Rhapsody, Edguy, Avantasia (LOVE Metal Opera ), Kamelot, Volbeat... just from the top of my head. Strangely I don't seem to have 'discovered' Iron Maiden yet (much to Aimus' frustration ) but I love Dickinson's Tears of the Dragon - in case you didn't wanna search for it and felt like listening to it . Never really got into 'older' stuff since symphonic metal gripped me tight and refuses to let go, blaming Nightwish . There are times when I prefer symphonic to power, epic to symphonic etc but usually unless they're growling and screeching and whatnot I can listen to harder stuff depending on my mood (ie Dimmu's not really my cuppa tea but they made a cool song with Kamelot, no idea if you a fan or not so here's a linky in case you didn't know that song).

Actually enjoying the Iron Maiden song, didn't really expect to. I think Aimus made me listen to that one before, thanks for reminding me

What about some Pain? (it's actually pretty much the only song of theirs I know )
  8. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
    Awesome. That will be only Dimmu song that I will EVER listen to (other than their Twisted Sister cover). You listen to some good stuff, but I more listen to the other side of metal, like Sabbath, Maiden, JP, and stuff like that.
    and this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1MC_-DuNEY

or THIS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ
  9. Jay
    Jay
    Neither of the songs you posted really clicked with me. Gimme more

For some reason Twisted Sister made me think of Sirenia's little sister song .

Do you know this one? The audio quality's rather bad, higher bitrate got a nice punch to it. My fave Tacere song

Abandonded by Kamelot, I get never tired of this song (have a weakness for ballads in case it doesn't show )

Speaking of Kamelot's ballads, here be another one.

Ok, I seem to be jumping about the place a little bit (a LOT ), Stratovarius anyone?

A bit different Nightwish

God, I love the chello... Grace, best bloody piece by them so far. There's very few things that do it for me better than chello and drums
    Hmmmm, double-bass, bliss! (I think, unless the drummer's high on something, can't play the bass the entire song and not double-bass... right? lol)

I just did not spend an hour looking up random songs, I did NOT! By now I think my neighbours are ready to lynch me

I haven't overloaded you, King, have I? There anything ya like?

Ok, I just accidentally (riiiiight ) came across this one and I couldn't resist...
  10. kingoflombards
    kingoflombards
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast