Nature Lovers

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Greetings, welcome to the group. Phogorgraphy can be quite fun.
  2. ClaesGefvenberg
    ClaesGefvenberg
    This looks like my kind of group, so I'm signing on right away. I'm also adding a few pictures from my neck in the woods while I'm at it.

/Claes
  3. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Welcome to our little nook. Cool picture. I really like the sunset, and the dandelion. When I was up in the mountains they have some of those that are HUGE!
  4. Janine
    Janine
    I still love that clover leaf with the dew drops - that is so stunning...great shot! All the ones above are so lovely.
  5. Cellar Door
    Cellar Door
    I like the one of the berries a lot. Of course, the sunset is beautiful as well.
  6. ClaesGefvenberg
    ClaesGefvenberg
    Thank you all,

So now you know what I'm usually up to when I hit the woods: Photography. What about the rest of you? Not that there is anything wrong with just spending time there without actually doing anything in particular... I'm just curious.

/Claes
  7. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I perfomed a ritual once with my sister. I spread a sarong I had over the top of a rock to use as an altar. I like to meander a lot and commune with the trees. Walk barefoot the way the druids did. Sometimes I like to find a good rock to sit on and meditate or write.
  8. Cellar Door
    Cellar Door
    I enjoy hiking and camping. Once I spent a whole week in the woods with no provisions, only the clothes I wore. I know a lot about my locale, including edible grasses, berries, and others... Playing Survivor, you know... What I really like is the absence of everything that is so pervasive in modern life. I wouldn't call it solitude, because once you realize what is going on around you with plants and animals, the forest is one busy place, but I like how there is not a single street light or fluorescent sign in any forest I have ever been to, you know?
  9. Janine
    Janine
    I love forests - they are so serene. Once I camped on the Olympic Pennisula in Washington State. It was so amazing. The feeling of having ones small tent below these huge ancient trees was really magical. I loved the morning, the nippy fresh air and the the etheral rays of the sun filtering through the trees and the sounds and silence and peace at night was so beautiful - nature's own music. I have to say it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life - just myself, my friend and the natural world under the stars and the campfire - I never saw so many stars before in the heavens. It was special.
  10. ClaesGefvenberg
    ClaesGefvenberg
    I can relate a lot to what Cellar Door says: When I was younger I used to hit the woods a couple of days now and then in the same manner. I would not call it solitude either, just a wish to be away from people for a while. These days I can't stay out for days on end of course, what with a family on my hands and all, but I still go there on my own for a bit of peace and quiet, some excercise and to catch something with the camera.

/Claes
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast