Nature Lovers

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Greetings, feel free to share anything and everything that relates to nature.
  2. nice4444
    nice4444
    I'm glad to be the second member at this group and all what I can say at the beginning is that I love nature
  3. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Glad to have you
  4. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Here is a bit of a fall composition I did.

5. Cellar Door
    Cellar Door
    I always felt more at home in the woods than in any "home". I do a lot of camping, have a lot of knowledge of flora and fauna (at least in my locale), and hike every day. I come from "mountain folk" (i.e., hillbillies) and, true to form, hardly ever wear shoes (except in the winter, because it snows where I live). I'm hoping to use this club to combine my love of the outdoors with my love of writing. Actually, neither are a love; they are simple necessities, like the air. I have never been able to successfully fuse these two; words are inadequate to express what I see. The outdoors is my religion, and therefore, I take it for granted and cannot express myself... Suggestions, anyone?
  6. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Nice to have you in the group, and wonderful thoughts you share. I can relate to much of what you have said. Nature is acutally closely tied into and very imporant to my spiritual beleifs. I hold nature as sacred. And as for me, I often weave elements of nature in a lot of my poetry.
  7. Cellar Door
    Cellar Door
    I can only include broken pieces of nature in my poetry, because for me, poetry is loss; I have never written a "happy" poem. I guess this is just one of my weaknesses as a writer. Forgive me, I try.
  8. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Well I would not call my poems "happy" most of them tend to be very dark, but weaveings of nature still appear within them, and I do write some poems that are turly just odes to nature. Sometimes I like to just find a surene spot and sit, and write about both what I feel and the things I observe, the sounds, sights, and so forth. I write a lot about how nature makes me feel and how I preceive it.
  9. Cellar Door
    Cellar Door
    I think I'm going to make one of these in the spring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_garden

I don't think it should be too hard, other than the measurements, flatness, and everything else...

Does anyone else here garden?
  10. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I try to grow herbs, but for some reason it nevere seems to work out.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast