Books, Books, Books!

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Mr Hyde
    Mr Hyde
    I just got done reading the book Sanin by Mikhail Artsybashev.

I really liked this book!

Later on I will post all my favorite books as well.
  2. kiz_paws
    kiz_paws
    Well currently I am reading Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells and find it a very good read indeed.
  3. papayahed
    papayahed
    I'm reading The Magus by John Fowles

Kiz - I've been wanting to read Ya-Ya, the movie was kinda boring but there were some great lines: " I hope it's not a real emergency I only brought 1 bottle of vodka"
  4. Virgil
    Virgil
    Hey this is a great idea for a group. I just started reading Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor.
  5. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I LOVED the Magus.

I am trying to read Cat's Eye by Margret Atwood, when I have the time and I am not reading stuff for school

I am also reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle. I always have one book that I read a chapter in every morning first thing after waking up before I do anything else.

Then at night right before going to bed I am reading Kidnapped by Stevenson
  6. kiz_paws
    kiz_paws
    Ha ha, papayahed -- there were definitely some grabber lines in that movie. The book is entertaining, I like it, but then I enjoyed the movie (though I'd have picked a different actress to play Siddalee).
  7. Mr Hyde
    Mr Hyde
    I'm currently reading Consciousness Explained By Daniel Dennett
  8. Virgil
    Virgil
    I'm reading for the fourth or is it fifth time Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
  9. Mr Hyde
    Mr Hyde
    What's that about Virgil?
  10. TheFifthElement
    TheFifthElement
    Oh I love The Magus papaya! I also recently read The Collector also by John Fowles which is another excellent read.
    I'm currently reading The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster. It's the third of his works I've read, having very much enjoyed Travels in the Scriptorium and The Brooklyn Follies. Of the three I like the trilogy best, it has such a self-conscious, experimental feel to it. It also made me want to read something by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I have Timbuktu and Mr Vertigo and The Book of Illusions lined up too. I like Paul Auster. Can you tell?
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast