All the King's Men

1. ldevier
    ldevier
    I've been hooked on this guy ever since I picked up a copy of Pet Semetary. I used to listen to CDs and read his books all weekend long. I still correlate certain albums to certain books. Alanis Morisette with Insomnia, etc. I hope there are more fans out there. Seriously, no one else sucks me in the way he does. I'm hardly ever satisfied with his endings, but he never ceases to amaze me in making me a part of his stories.
  2. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I am so in with this. I am reading Tommyknockers right now, and it is just amazing, and so eerie, next to the Stand it is my favorite thing I have read of his thus far.
  3. ldevier
    ldevier
    The Stand was so so good. The best thing I've ever read mas The education of Rita Hayworth. I had no idea it was The Shawshank Redemption and was amazed how much better a short story could be than the two hour plus movie. Have you read it? It's in his different seasons book...
  4. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Yes I have read Different Seasons, though I did think the movie Shawshank Redpemtion was quite good.
  5. LadyWentworth
    LadyWentworth
    I've been thinking about starting on his books lately. I have seen most of the film adaptations. My mother was always a fan of his. So I was thinking the other day to get a list from her of all the ones that she thinks I should start with. I know Carrie will be one of the top novels.

I have already read Different Seasons, though. I am positively hooked on the film of "The Shawshank Redemption". I still say that it is one of the most poetic films ever made. Anyway, that is why I decided to read Different Seasons. Another familiar story is in there. That is "The Body". People who aren't familiar with it will know it as the film "Stand By Me" (which I also love).

The other two stories were interesting, too. Particularly the eerie (that is how I perceived it to be) "Apt Pupil". That had to be one of the most intriguing stories that I had ever read. What did you think of it? That was also released as a film starring Brad Renfro and Ian McKellan (I have yet to see it).
  6. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I think the Apt Pupil is one of his all time best short stories. I tend to be somewhat love and hate with King, many of his short stories I do not care for as much as his novels, and though I like his work, his novels can be hit and miss for me. Some are just kind of ehh, but some I think are really good.
  7. M.D.
    My fav book would have to be Cell I also enjoyed the Skeleton Crew and The Cycle of a Werewolf
  8. papayahed
    papayahed
    I think my favorite is IT or maybe The Stand.
  9. zoolane
    zoolane
    I agree with Dark Muse that 'APT PUPIL' is best story stories every and some horror not bad but prefer story Apt Pupil or Shawshank but next on my list is Green Mile or Misery. See the films. Kathy Bateman was brillant in the 'Misery'.